Is An Artisan Kitchenaid Mixer Good?

Decorating By puzzlegut Updated 20 Sep 2008 , 6:34am by Cakepro

puzzlegut Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 3

I just recently bought a 5 quart 325wt Artisan KtichenAid mixer for $135, more then half off of the regular $300 price. Is this a good mixer to do all of my baking needs of mixing cake batter, preparing frosting, and making fondant? Also, what is the difference between the artisan and the professional mixer?

2 replies
susies1955 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 3

I don't know how to compare because I've only had the Artisan. I got it last October for my birthday and I have absolutely loved it.
Others will probably chime in. icon_smile.gif
Susie

Cakepro Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 6:34am
post #3 of 3

Well, I've got 6 KitchenAids, from a 4.5 qt to a 6 qt, and I love my 5 qt Artisans.

I just picked up a refurbished 600 watt Professional 6 from the www.shopkitchenaid.com website for $190. Heehee! I had to replace the one that I dropped out of the back of my Suburban a couple of weeks ago and killed it. I use my Pro 6 more than any of them, but my husband used 2 of our Artisans to make 25 gallons of buttercream two weekends ago when I killed my Pro 6 (yeah, five 5-gallon pails). They definitely rock.

The differences between the Artisans and the Pro 6 mixers are the size of the bowls (5 qt vs 6 qt) and the wattage/power of the motors (325 watts vs 600 watts).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%