Help! Anything But... Box Spice Mix & Jiffy Fluffy Icin

Baking By LeckieAnne Updated 20 Sep 2008 , 12:28am by LeckieAnne

LeckieAnne Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 4

Most generally - this is the only cake my Dad will eat. He doesn't like chocolate - he'll take a bite of a white cake or strawberry - but he loves his box mix spice cake with that Jiffy fluffy (boiled) icing.

I dug through the "spice" category on recipes here on CC trying to think of something he might like to make him a bit nicer cake for his Birthday this weekend. There's a recipe for an Applesauce Rum Raisin that sounds totally yummy to me - but would you frost this cake? Or just do a rum syrup kind of thing? I was hoping to at least make it look like a birthday cake.

Otherwise - anyone have any other suggestions for me? (He doesn't like cream cheese - so no cream cheese icings - was thinking pumpkin spice - but what frosting would I use). He's very difficult to feed! LOL

Thanks in advance if you any ideas!!

3 replies
indydebi Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 10:01pm
post #2 of 4

He doesnt' sound difficult to feed at all. You know what he likes ... that sounds like it's ALL that he likes, so it's real easy to always make him his absolutely best favorite cake. What's the problem? icon_confused.gif

kakeladi Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 4

Why not make the Jiffy icing adding some pumpkin spice mix &/or a tablespoon rum?

LeckieAnne Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 12:28am
post #4 of 4

Thanks guys!

I probably will just make that for him. I was hoping to find something along the same lines - only maybe a little yummier. Also - that icing is like marshmallow creme -- you can't really do anything with it other than slather it on.

Oh well, guess you're right - I do know he likes it. icon_smile.gif

The rum idea sounds interesting -- might try that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%