Making A List...

Decorating By allycook Updated 19 Sep 2008 , 6:52pm by allycook

allycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allycook Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 6

... of fillings using Bettercream. What are some of the things you other CC'ers mix in to the Bettercream to make fillings? This would be for fondant cakes that will be unrefrigerated.

5 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 6

I don't use Bettercreme but I do use the Whimsical Bakehouse House Buttercream, which is super-yummy and does not require refrigeration. I add crushed Oreos for a cookies 'n cream filling, crushed grasshopper cookies for a mint cookies 'n cream filling, LorAnn cheesecake flavor for a cheesecake-flavored filling, etc, etc.

allycook Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks so much. Those sound so good. Where do you get Whimsical Bakehouse House Buttercream?

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 6

I uploaded the Whimsical Bakehouse Buttercream recipe to my website, so you can download it and print it out.

Here you go: www.buttercreamdreams.com/WBH_BC.doc

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 6:34pm
post #5 of 6

The Great Melvira recently posted a whole bunch of info about uses of Bettercream in the Cupcake forum Fun with Bettercream" was the name of it, I think.

Basically you can add any flavored syrup to it, puddings with a bit of milk added, and crushed candy or cookies to name a few. Go take a look in the Cupcake forum, you'll see.

Have fun!

allycook Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 6:52pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks to both!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%