Refrigerating Cake Help Please Need To Know Quick

Decorating By PollyMaggs Updated 19 Sep 2008 , 5:07am by ccarroca

PollyMaggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PollyMaggs Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:33am
post #1 of 2

I have 4 tiers made, torted filled, some with fresh fruit filling, they are covered in fondant, painted and I have started the RI decor. They have to be refrigerated...will it melt my RI decoration, they are flat against the cake, none are standing or 3-d? Please help..I dont know what to do, and I dont want to take a chance of leaving them out and the filling souring. Thank you,
Polly

Or should I freeze it?

1 reply
ccarroca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccarroca Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:07am
post #2 of 2

I have read a lot about this. I read that you could leave the cake out for no more than one day if it is fruit filled, but if there is any sort of cream it MUST be refrigerated.

I know that the fondant will have issues once you bring it out of the fridge, but depending on your recipe, if you leave it alone it may just evaporate and you will be fine. Michele Foster's will - I read.

THE TROUBLE is the royal icing decor. I would never put it in the fridge. I would also like to leave the fondant out, but since it may take up too much time I would refrig in this case, but the royal icing - no way! I would take it off and assemble the royal icing decor on the same day.

I am not sure about freezing. Hmmmm...i don't think I would. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%