Vandals.....

Business By littlecake Updated 19 Sep 2008 , 10:12pm by littlecake

littlecake Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 18

broke out a big window in the shop i'm renovating.

until i undertook this project i never knew how rotten people were.....i was broke into and robbed 5 times....expensive tools.

that's why i moved into the place ion the back before it was done, so i could keep an eye on it.

in a way i'm glad they broke the window out....i thought they were all the type you can't easily break....

it would be worse if they broke in after i moved in....and robbed me.

i think i might close al the big windows up...put some cute little ones in...maybe with shutters and stuff.

i'm trying not to feel so angry....it gets disheartening after awhile.

17 replies
janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 18

oh honey! that sux! I just don't understand people sometimes- I mean WHY???

You are right though - try not to dwell, it doesn't do any good.

I am so sorry that this happened to you!

cheferyn Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 11:06pm
post #3 of 18

that totally sucks! I learned long ago that someone will always try to ruin a good thing for someone else. Keep looking up and good luck with your shop.

mixinvixen Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 18

by any chance are you in georgia? i swear, that state has to have some of the dumbest criminals to ever walk!!!

my in laws live in deep south georgia, and own a barber shop. he has been broken into so many times over the years....finally after much coaxing, he's installed an alarm system. anyway though, the last time they broke in, they stole a bunch of checks and $2 bills that my father in law collects to give to kids that come in.

here's where it gets funny...the dummies went to the gas station directly across the street from the shop and trys to cash the checks and use the bills...what's so funny you might ask? well...1) my father in law has been getting snacks every day for years from that gas station, so they know him. 2)totally different skin color 3)they forged the signature on the check but PRINTED the name wrong...how in the heck do you misspell "taylor"??

he got it all back!

janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 11:46pm
post #5 of 18

Seriously that is hilarious!! - the georgia part!

I just recently moved from St Simons Island, GA and our office got broken into and they got caught, but the funny part was that the perp (don'tcha just love my cop lingo) ran into the marsh and the cop says - "I'm not coming in there after you, we'll just let the gators eat you!"

He ran out and got arrested and we got everything back - total idiots!

Where in Ga are your inlaws?

dinas27 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 11:47pm
post #6 of 18

grrrrrrrrrrrrr, people are so disrespectful. You need a big dog... trained to kill. icon_mad.gif too bad its illegal to set booby traps tapedshut.gif

Instead of replacing windows that already exist what about getting metal security window bars. They do not have to look instiutional - google 'window lattice' - if you get a lattice design or something with curlicues and paint them white they would look like something from a country cottage - maybe some planter boxes with colorful flowers to soften. Since you have a million other costs right now you could even make them out of wood and it would be fairly effective.

littlecake Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 12:31am
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinas27

grrrrrrrrrrrrr, people are so disrespectful. You need a big dog... trained to kill. icon_mad.gif too bad its illegal to set booby traps tapedshut.gif

Instead of replacing windows that already exist what about getting metal security window bars. They do not have to look instiutional - google 'window lattice' - if you get a lattice design or something with curlicues and paint them white they would look like something from a country cottage - maybe some planter boxes with colorful flowers to soften. Since you have a million other costs right now you could even make them out of wood and it would be fairly effective.

thanks!...i'll do that, it sounds like a good idea!

littlecake Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 12:36am
post #8 of 18

i have a dumb criminal story...

about 20 years ago my brother in law worked for a vet...some crooks stole the big safe....they think in hopes of getting the drugs they used on the animals.

anyhoo the police found them.....all they had to do was follow the drag marks a couple blocks to the crooks garage....the dumb butts just pushed it down the street.

mixinvixen Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 12:36am
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

Where in Ga are your inlaws?

thomasville, ga...it's WAYYYYY down there, past the knat line, as my husband says!

snarkybaker Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:26am
post #10 of 18

that just sucks! Our Glass door was broken by criminals the 5th day we were open. If you are working an eclectic look ( lime green and pink ?), why not see if you can find an architectural salvage yard and see if you can find some New Orleans style gates to use as window bars. It'll look " urban-chic" and do the job cheaper than a lot of other things.

Mike1394 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:10am
post #11 of 18

So sorry to hear. Hugs.

Mike

littlecake Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 8:22am
post #12 of 18

i've decided to close all the big windows off and go for a mimi's cafe vibe.

i can get the old used window panes at an architectural salvage around here for about 15 bucks a pane....and i can build the window boxes...if i'm feelin real crazy the last time i was there they had diamond panes for 25...amazing how cheap you can get things...if you don't mind working on them.

i was getting a bit concerned about how hot it was gonna get in there with all those windows, i sure don't wanna add another 500 bucks in my electric bill in the summer.

i'm gonna try to look at this as something positive, maybe i was supposed to close em up....

dang 3:13..i just had a bad dream that crooks broke in and stole my beloved air compressor and nail gun....i caught them and beat them down old school with a real hammer.....geeze maybe i'm not the sweet lil cakelady everyone thinks i am.

thanks for all the support guys, nite nite

angelatx Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 9:19am
post #13 of 18

Thats great that you are staying positive. If you stay positive things like this can only make you stronger and make you want to pursure your dream even more. Stay safe and goodluck! icon_smile.gif

sarahpierce Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 12:18pm
post #14 of 18

For now, can you install motion lights outside and inside? That way if they break in again they will be on "display", and will leave.

adonisthegreek1 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 12:48pm
post #15 of 18

It's pretty easy to buy security cameras these days. I think motion detectors and security cameras are the way to go. I am so sorry this happened to you. Mean people suck!

Solecito Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:21pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinas27

Instead of replacing windows that already exist what about getting metal security window bars.

Here in Mexico that's the first thing you put up on a new house or bussines place. And you can find really nice designs for the bars.

Keep up the good thoughts, bad enough that they damaged your property. But not your spirit. Take it from someone living in a very violent time and place.

snarkybaker Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 9:35pm
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Quote:

dang 3:13..i just had a bad dream that crooks broke in and stole my beloved air compressor and nail gun....i caught them and beat them down old school with a real hammer.....geeze maybe i'm not the sweet lil cakelady everyone thinks i am

Remind me not to cross you icon_eek.gif

littlecake Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 10:12pm
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by txkat

Quote:
Quote:

dang 3:13..i just had a bad dream that crooks broke in and stole my beloved air compressor and nail gun....i caught them and beat them down old school with a real hammer.....geeze maybe i'm not the sweet lil cakelady everyone thinks i am

Remind me not to cross you icon_eek.gif

HA HA HA....you have no idea the LOOOOVE i have for my air tools....every girl should have some.....you can build as well as any man with them. icon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%