Best Way To Get Uga Logo Onto A Cake

Decorating By Zeunasc Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 9:04pm by darlene1158

Zeunasc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zeunasc Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 3

I want to do a smallish cake for my boss's birthday with the UGA "G" logo on it. It is a simple logo - see it here: http://www.pinuniversity.com/ProductImages/ga03game/georgia-g.gif

I am pretty new to this, so I was wondering what would be the best/easiest way to do this and make it look good. I have taken the first two Wilton classes and I am half way through the F&GP class, so my coworkers are expecting something great and I don't want to disappoint!

I think the cake will be a 6" round, or that oval pan from class 2, with chocolate buttercream. I've never tried any kind of transfer but I could try. Would Wilton's colorflow be a good fit?

Any help is appreciated!
Z

2 replies
Teenequeene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teenequeene Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 3

I would either use color flow or the piping gel method where u trace it on wax paper and transfer it on the cake. Then just go over it with buttercream. The piping gel method is easier I think because with color flow you have to wait for it to try and theres a chance of it breaking.

darlene1158 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darlene1158 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 3

I just made a cake for my boss with the Ole Miss logo and Colonel Rebel. I used fondant. I made a copy of the logo on a copy machine. Laminated it, cut it out, put it on the different colored fondants that I needed and then put it all together. It actually came out pretty good. He like it and so did everyone at work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%