What's The Name Of This Icing?!?!?

Baking By amykingsafer Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 8:53pm by amykingsafer

amykingsafer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amykingsafer Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 5

I was wondering if thee is a name for the icing that has powder sugard, crisco, butter extract, almond extract and vanilla extract. And also is there another recipe that may taste better but is easily made like this one?

4 replies
APrettyCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APrettyCake Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 5

That sounds like a version of buttercream, with additional flavors. There are lots of versions of buttercream to be found in the recipe section of this site. Most will consist of powdered sugar, fat (shortening,butter or a combination of both), flavoring and a liquid of some kind.
Best to experiement and see what suits your flavors the most icon_smile.gif

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by amykingsafer

I was wondering if thee is a name for the icing that has powder sugard, crisco, butter extract, almond extract and vanilla extract. And also is there another recipe that may taste better but is easily made like this one?

that sounds a lot like the standard wiltons buttercream recipe.

I use a recipe that is pwdr sgr, crisco, butter, vanilla extract and almond extract, not too much different but I use butter WITH the crisco and take out the butter flavor.

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 5

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Indydebi's buttercream is the best icing ever. Easy to make and smooths like a dream, plus it taste delish!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6992-0-Indydebis-Crisco-Based-Buttercream-Icing.html

amykingsafer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amykingsafer Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you everybody, I'm just starting out. Looking at all the recipes on the website can be a little overwhelming. But it's great being able to get everyone's input.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%