Autumn Sheet Cake Ideas....help!!

Decorating By HipnotiqGlamour Updated 19 Sep 2008 , 7:08am by amoos

HipnotiqGlamour Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 7

Okay i need an idea for a autumn themed half sheet cake. There will be NO writing on this cake at all and there should also be NO RED anywhere on this cake...They do want blue though.

I had some ideas at first but then when they added they wanted blue added to the autumn theme that kinda threw me off a bit.

Any ideas..pictures would be great too lol

Thank you in advance

6 replies
TC123 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 7

Hi! I was going to suggest chocolate leaves with gold luster dust (or something along that line). Then I saw that you need to incorporate blue. Well, crocuses are a fall flower, and they come in lots of colors. You could make those in blue and use petal/luster dusts to add depth and dimension. ... Just some ideas to throw at ya!...

If I can think of anything else, I'll come back & post. Good luck with your cake!!! icon_smile.gif

grama_j Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 7

You could do something like this one that I made a couple of years ago... The leaves were chocolate and everone had their name on a leaf...... You could put blue most anywhere........
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=381603

Mencked Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 7

gramaj that is a fantastic idea--love the tree bark especially and really fall-like-no need for names even, maybe some blue-like flowers at the base of the tree?

grama_j Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 10:27pm
post #5 of 7

Sure ....... the flowers at the base sounds good to me.Could even ad a fence and put them around that.....Once you get a basic idea, you can go crazy putting in all the little extras......the FUN PART ! icon_lol.gif

HipnotiqGlamour Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 6:46am
post #6 of 7

I love the tree with the names, and thank you for the ideas. If you think of anymore just let me know. =) icon_biggrin.gif

amoos Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 7:08am
post #7 of 7

I've seen those dark blue flowers, like mums and hydrangeas even in fall, those always look pretty on cakes, plus leaves and maybe even some tiny pumpkins or apples in a basket would be "fallish"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%