Fondant With Kitchen Aid Attachments

Decorating By cylstrial Updated 24 Sep 2008 , 5:56pm by marccrand

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 2:29pm
post #1 of 10

So I've heard that some people use Kitchen Aid attachments to make their fondant thin and into ropes. Could anyone tell me if you use the pasta attachment? Or if it's the grinder attachment?

Thanks!!!

9 replies
Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 10

I don't have either but have read where they use the pasta one to make it thin. Surely someone will respond that does this to tell you how it is done. Sorry I wasn't much help.

cylstrial Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks for your help! I was thinking it was the pasta one too.

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 10

I use the pasta roller attachment for fondant accents. It make nice thin pieces for ribbons or cutting out shapes. I bought the set of 3 pasta attachments, but I have not tried fondant in the spaghetti attachment or the fettucine attachment. Those look too hard to clean!
Good luck!

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 10

I've made the thicker ropes using the grinder attachment. Just don't put in the little cutting blade. It's a little tricky because you have several ropes coming out at the same time thus you also have to put quite a bit of fondant into it to make you ropes.

cylstrial Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 7:18pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks!! I really appreciate all of the comments!!

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 7:31pm
post #7 of 10

oooooh i hven't used my KA attachments in a long time cept to slice up veggies for soup.. i'll have to give it a try!! thanks! wow~!

marccrand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marccrand Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 7:40pm
post #8 of 10

I was just going to ask about this. Bought a KA pasta roller attachment but when it didn't work. I'm not sure if I broke it, it was already broken when I received it, or I just wasn't doing it right. icon_cry.gif So forgive all the questions...

Are both rollers supposed to move?
Do you feed from the top?
Do you use shortening on the rollers?
What do you use to clean with?

Anyone who can give me as much detail as you can would be soooo appreciated. I'm scared to try it again icon_redface.gif

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 8:58pm
post #9 of 10

Yes Both rollers are supposed to move
Yes You feed from the top
No I don't use shortening. I just dust both sides of the fondant before I feed it in each time.
To clean it I just wipe the rollers with a damp cloth.
*Here's another tip. Always start on number 1. If you want your fondant thinner, put it in again on number 2, and so on. You don't want to jam a fat piece of fondant on number 4. Just flatten the fondant a little before you start.
Hope this helps.
Good luck!

marccrand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marccrand Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 5:56pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks a lot Becklynn.
I'm going to try it tonight, keep your fingers crossed for me! thumbs_up.gif

Anyone else have any tips?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%