50Th Birthday. Ideas?

Decorating By MichaelaRod Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 3:52pm by MichaelaRod

MichaelaRod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichaelaRod Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:58am
post #1 of 4

I TOTALLY forgot (you can call me a loser) that this weekend is my mom's 50th birthday.... probably because I was so wrapped up in planning my son's 1st birthday! So... I am at a loss of ideas for her cake.... anyone?

She likes to play golf, play piano, be with her grandkids, she is an ultrasound tech... triggering any thoughts???????

3 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 4:20am
post #2 of 4

You could do a cute little mini golf hole and have a big 50 as the "obstical" on the hole.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 4:52am
post #3 of 4

For my clients with lots of interests, I make what I call a Life Quilt. I have been making them for years and years, and they are always a hit. I ice/decorate them in buttercream, but fondant would work too, if that's your thing. On a sheet cake, I divide it into 9 Rectangles for a 9x13, and for a 12x18, 12 rectangles. You could make sections on a stacked/tiered cake, any shape. Inside each section is an interest, or a milestone. One section is reserved for the Happy 50th Birthday Whoever!

I was going to upload a picture but they are all too big. If you'd like to see an example of this cake, and other 50th birthday cakes, click my "www" button below and type "50th" into the search. Search is on the far right on the tabs.

MichaelaRod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichaelaRod Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 4

ohhh cute idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%