Starting To Get A Complex....

Decorating By SeriousCakes Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 4:46pm by justfrosting

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 9

*sigh* I know I'm just being a goof about this but here goes, I posted this picture back on the 6th and over the course of 6 days it got 23 views and no comments. I thought maybe it just got buried so I deleted it on the 12th and reposted yesterday. Is it really that bad? I know, I know, I've read a lot of posts with people complaining that there wasn't enough views on their pics, no comments, no favorites, etc. But, well, this is 2 times in a row with this picture! I need some feedback here...please icon_redface.gif
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1265849

8 replies
SeriousCakes Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:00am
post #2 of 9

Thank you ladies, I knew I could count on you!! icon_biggrin.gif I now have 3 wonderful comments, you guys made my night icon_biggrin.gif

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:03am
post #3 of 9

I LOVE that you made the entire piece. I despise those doll-pick cakes. They creep me out. You did a great job with the details of the face! I think you did a beautiful job!

sttgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sttgirl Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:09am
post #4 of 9

You did a wonderful job, love the two tone roses as well. thumbs_up.gif

Wildrose6633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildrose6633 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:12am
post #5 of 9

it's a very creative cake I'm not crazy about the Barbie cakes either. I also love the teapot cake by your name how did you make that? I have always wanted to make one. I'm sorry I didn't see your cake before this.

SeriousCakes Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 2:23am
post #6 of 9

Thank you everyone!! I knew I wasn't crazy- icon_lol.gif I was pretty happy with how it turned out icon_biggrin.gif
Wildrose6633 -Thank you!! The teapot is a 2 layer 6" cake with candy clay spout and handle. The teacup is a cupcake also with a candy clay handle. They're both frosted with buttercream and the spoon and little sugar cubes are candy clay too.
PinkZiab-I hate those doll picks too, much rather make it myself!

Wildrose6633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildrose6633 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:09pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you so much for all the info on making your teapot cake. I appreciate it very much. It is so adorable. icon_smile.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 4:22pm
post #8 of 9

Very nice job...lovely face and head.

Ya know...waaaaaay back, when i first came to CC, people used to post threads all the time for others to look at their cakes. Then, one day, someone said that it was pretty brazen of a member to "beg" for views. so, of course, it stopped.

I don't see any issues with drawing attention to your cakes. If someone doesn't like it, they certainly don't have to read the post, right?

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 4:46pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

Very nice job...lovely face and head.

Ya know...waaaaaay back, when i first came to CC, people used to post threads all the time for others to look at their cakes. Then, one day, someone said that it was pretty brazen of a member to "beg" for views. so, of course, it stopped.

I don't see any issues with drawing attention to your cakes. If someone doesn't like it, they certainly don't have to read the post, right?

ITA!! Especially if you are a beginner or have attempted something new...or maybe just need a lift that day.

Threads asking for views have never bothered me. People can be pretty snarky about things.

I think you did a great job. Your barbie is lovely.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%