Starting To Get A Complex....

Decorating By SeriousCakes Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 4:46pm by justfrosting

SeriousCakes Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 9

*sigh* I know I'm just being a goof about this but here goes, I posted this picture back on the 6th and over the course of 6 days it got 23 views and no comments. I thought maybe it just got buried so I deleted it on the 12th and reposted yesterday. Is it really that bad? I know, I know, I've read a lot of posts with people complaining that there wasn't enough views on their pics, no comments, no favorites, etc. But, well, this is 2 times in a row with this picture! I need some feedback here...please icon_redface.gif
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1265849

8 replies
SeriousCakes Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:00am
post #2 of 9

Thank you ladies, I knew I could count on you!! icon_biggrin.gif I now have 3 wonderful comments, you guys made my night icon_biggrin.gif

PinkZiab Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:03am
post #3 of 9

I LOVE that you made the entire piece. I despise those doll-pick cakes. They creep me out. You did a great job with the details of the face! I think you did a beautiful job!

sttgirl Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:09am
post #4 of 9

You did a wonderful job, love the two tone roses as well. thumbs_up.gif

Wildrose6633 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:12am
post #5 of 9

it's a very creative cake I'm not crazy about the Barbie cakes either. I also love the teapot cake by your name how did you make that? I have always wanted to make one. I'm sorry I didn't see your cake before this.

SeriousCakes Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 2:23am
post #6 of 9

Thank you everyone!! I knew I wasn't crazy- icon_lol.gif I was pretty happy with how it turned out icon_biggrin.gif
Wildrose6633 -Thank you!! The teapot is a 2 layer 6" cake with candy clay spout and handle. The teacup is a cupcake also with a candy clay handle. They're both frosted with buttercream and the spoon and little sugar cubes are candy clay too.
PinkZiab-I hate those doll picks too, much rather make it myself!

Wildrose6633 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:09pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you so much for all the info on making your teapot cake. I appreciate it very much. It is so adorable. icon_smile.gif

adven68 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 4:22pm
post #8 of 9

Very nice job...lovely face and head.

Ya know...waaaaaay back, when i first came to CC, people used to post threads all the time for others to look at their cakes. Then, one day, someone said that it was pretty brazen of a member to "beg" for views. so, of course, it stopped.

I don't see any issues with drawing attention to your cakes. If someone doesn't like it, they certainly don't have to read the post, right?

justfrosting Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 4:46pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

Very nice job...lovely face and head.

Ya know...waaaaaay back, when i first came to CC, people used to post threads all the time for others to look at their cakes. Then, one day, someone said that it was pretty brazen of a member to "beg" for views. so, of course, it stopped.

I don't see any issues with drawing attention to your cakes. If someone doesn't like it, they certainly don't have to read the post, right?

ITA!! Especially if you are a beginner or have attempted something new...or maybe just need a lift that day.

Threads asking for views have never bothered me. People can be pretty snarky about things.

I think you did a great job. Your barbie is lovely.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%