Dallas Cowboys - Which Color Blue????

Decorating By BACI Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 6:50pm by sweettoothmom

BACI Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 15

HI all -
Wondering if anyone has any idea which color blue is is right for the Dallas Cowboys blue star? My new SIL is a HUGE cowboys fan & said she has never had a "special cake" for her b'day - would like to surprise her! I'm a GIANTS fan - (yes WAY BEFORE they won the Super Bowl - cheered through the rough seasons!) - so Cowboy blue is definately not my color icon_wink.gif
Any suggestions or directions would be greatly appreciated! Not sure if I'm going to attempt a helmet - stadium - or jersey going to look for some inspiration in the galleries! (May attempt a FBCT - not too successful the 1st time I tried, but that was a while ago).
Thanks for your help! icon_biggrin.gif

14 replies
tdybear1978 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 15

I have always used americolor navy blue

tlreetz Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 9:41pm
post #3 of 15

I used Royal Blue, Wilton on the Dallas CB helmet I did.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1197013

BACI Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 15

THANK YOU!!! Appreciate the help & the picture of the cake (love to have a visual!) Great job!!
Will be trying it out soon...
Thanks again icon_biggrin.gif

sweetsbycheryl Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:04pm
post #5 of 15

I used the Wilton's Royal blue as well, but had to mix in some black to really get it the " Dallas" color. icon_biggrin.gif

BACI Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:24pm
post #6 of 15

Thanks Cheryl - of course I couldn't get away with just one color - that would be too easy! icon_razz.gif
I definately have to buy something Dallas to compare to - dont think I can just "eyeball" this one!

FeGe_Cakes Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:27pm
post #7 of 15

I also use the wilton royal blue..mixed with black.

BACI Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:34pm
post #8 of 15

Thanks!! And your location says Texas - so I'm sure you know your Dallas blue!! icon_lol.gif
Thanks for responding!
Ps: Hope you are in an area that did OK from the hurricane....

sweettoothmom Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:48pm
post #9 of 15

Go Boys go!!!!! all the way to the superbowl!!!
i think your right the royal blue and black would just be about perfect. My hubby and I are big big Cowboy fans. It was the thing that drew us together as a matter of fact. We almost used the teams colors of silver and blue in our wedding but his mother had a fit.

It isnt quite navy blue and it is definately not royal blue either. It is in between the two for sure.
Then there is always silver. Dont forget the silver.

Amia Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:49pm
post #10 of 15

Ditto on the Wilton royal + black. Don't buy any Cowboys stuff (unless you plan to re-use it as a gift for SIL), but maybe see if you can borrow something of hers or check out dallascowboys.com to help you match the color.

cb_one Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 6:15pm
post #11 of 15

Theres a pic in my Gallery of a Dallas Cowboy cake I did some tiime ago.

Like the others, I just used Navy Blue with a little black.

FeGe_Cakes Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 11:22pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACI

Thanks!! And your location says Texas - so I'm sure you know your Dallas blue!! icon_lol.gif
Thanks for responding!
Ps: Hope you are in an area that did OK from the hurricane....

Yes Thanks I did. I live in the city of the soon to be new home of the Cowboy Stadium. I drive by it every day.

We only received rain from Hurricane Ike.

sweettoothmom Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 6:40pm
post #13 of 15

BACI,
How did it turn out? Or have you done the cake as yet?

We would love love love to see it.

BACI Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 9:25pm
post #14 of 15

Hi - Thank you all so much for your help & suggestions!!!! I really appreciate it! Unfortunately due to crazy schedules we have not set a def. date to get together - so I haven't tried to make the cake yet, but have all of the stuff to get started. I will def. post a picture for you to see as a thank you for your input icon_wink.gif ! (a scary thought as I haven't felt confident enough to post any pictures yet!! - this is completely a self taught-a few one day classes, just for fun hobby)

Sweettoothmom - I would NEVER forget the silver & I will do my best to make you proud!! Thanks for checking in - that was sweet of you icon_smile.gif
BTW - my SIL used navy blue (not exactly Dallas blue, but...) & silver for their wedding - not quite sure if my brother figured it out - but I did! I was a good new SIL - didn't point it out! Will keep that in my memory bank in case I ever need it! LOL icon_razz.gif

sweettoothmom Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:50pm
post #15 of 15

yep 4 sho 4 sho. keep that memory in the vault for just the right moment.

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%