Black Eyed Susan Template?

Decorating By mom2spunkynbug Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 3:29am by Cake_Princess

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 4

I'm supposed to be making a big black eyed susan to put on top of this bride's cake. OMG. I should have checked my biggest daisy cutter, because even my biggest one looks small on top of a 6" round!

Is there a black eyed susan template out there? Or a large daisy template? And maybe I could cut it out by hand? It's too late to order anything now & the biggest ones I saw were only 2" across anyway. I don't think that's what the bride meant when she said big!

Thanks in advance

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 9:11pm
post #2 of 4

Why not make individual petals? The center can be a rounded-top or flat circle, then pipe stars to fill it in. The petals can be stuck into that or just laid on the cake.... HTH
Make plenty of petals.....do you have some kind of long, plain leaf cutter??

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 2:39am
post #3 of 4

Thanks kakeladi - I was just thinking of that & no, I don't have any long petal cutters...I may just do it freehand.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:29am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2spunkynbug

I'm supposed to be making a big black eyed susan to put on top of this bride's cake. OMG. I should have checked my biggest daisy cutter, because even my biggest one looks small on top of a 6" round!

Is there a black eyed susan template out there? Or a large daisy template? And maybe I could cut it out by hand? It's too late to order anything now & the biggest ones I saw were only 2" across anyway. I don't think that's what the bride meant when she said big!

Thanks in advance

You could try rolling out your fondant a but thicker than normal. Then cut out the shape using the cutters you have. Finally ball the petals thinner to elongate them the extra thickness should give you the length you need.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%