Food Network, Just A Thought

Baking By shiney Updated 21 Sep 2008 , 9:26pm by cylstrial

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone seen anything on FLVNG or FN on cookies? They have great shows on cakes, and they are big hits! Just wondering if anyone has come across any highlighting cookie decorating. Just curious.
Shiney

7 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 11:46pm
post #2 of 8

They had one challenge last year that was all about cookies, though they didn't spotlight professionals. It had amatuer bakers, and they divided the challenge into three (??) categories of cookies. The last category was more along the lines of decorated cookies, which was the most interesting, I thought. The contestants were judged on how the cookies looked and tasted, and there wasn't a whole lot of time allowed to truly create.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:43am
post #3 of 8

I use my TiVo to find programs with cake, cupcake, cooke, and sugar in the title and description. One of the best surprises was when I watched an old episode of Sugar Rush, which featured Susan Caliendo, owner of Rolling Pin Productions[url]. She shows viewers how she decorates cookies and even reveals how to make the textured icing on her teddy bear cookies - something I was dying to know! (She stipples stiff royal icing).

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 11:59am
post #4 of 8

Was this the same episode that had the lady who used crushed candies in her cookies? She then dusted the tops of the cookie with the same crushed candies. The cookies were packaged in some really cute tins, and had yummy sounding flavors. (Butterscotch, peppermint, and key lime are the only three I remember).

shiney Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 8:12pm
post #5 of 8

Kim, I did a dish pass (similar to tivo) for sugar rush, hopefully it will repeat. Maybe someone who knows someone who knows someone at one of those networks will put a bug in someone's ear icon_wink.gif
By the way, Kim, you held up okay in the hurricane(s)? I had family go north for a while, but damage wasn't as bad as they feared.

shiney Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 8:15pm
post #6 of 8

Kim, I did a dish pass (similar to tivo) for sugar rush, hopefully it will repeat. Maybe someone who knows someone who knows someone at one of those networks will put a bug in someone's ear icon_wink.gif
By the way, Kim, you held up okay in the hurricane(s)? I had family go north for a while, but damage wasn't as bad as they feared.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 9:24pm
post #7 of 8

I use my TiVo to find programs with cake, cupcake, cooke, and sugar in the title and description. One of the best surprises was when I watched an old episode of Sugar Rush, which featured Susan Caliendo, owner of Rolling Pin Productions[url]. She shows viewers how she decorates cookies and even reveals how to make the textured icing on her teddy bear cookies - something I was dying to know! (She stipples stiff royal icing).

Kim...what is how do you "stipple stiff royal icing"? I'm dying to know how to make these beautiful cookies.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 9:26pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim_in_CajunCountry

So how do you "stipple stiff royal icing"? I would love to know!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%