Pricing Dessert Platters--Need Help Asap

Business By cakecup Updated 19 Sep 2008 , 3:01am by mjarvis78

cakecup Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 6

I was asked to bake for a wedding of 100 people...nothing specific was requested..just a variety of pastries,desserts, etc..what do I charge??? I have to give a quote asap. When I do bake..I usually buy the ingredients..and go from there. Do I price piece by piece or by platter??
ANY advice or comments would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. TIA

5 replies
Mike1394 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 6

What do you plan on serving? Costs could vary greatly. You can offer anything from a simple mini puff apple turnover to a three flavor frozen bavarian creme coated in choc.

michellenj Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 6

I've done it per person, and per platter. Some of those little buggers can be a pain. If I were doing a platter to serve 10-12 ppl, I would charge $35++ and that would include mini key lime pies, pecan pies, truffles, choc. strawberries, brownies dipped in choc. then rolled in nuts/other things.

indydebi Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 1:51am
post #4 of 6

I'm actually doing a wedding in two like this. A 6" cake only, but lots of little individual desserts. I'm even serving some of them in mini-martini glasses. I quoted her $6/person and we are figuring 2-4 pcs per guest, since they are having appetizers and dinner. (If it was a dessert-only reception, I would have figured 6-8 pcs per person.)

snarkybaker Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:00am
post #5 of 6

I charge $1.85 per piece for mini-desserts, and encourage customers to choose about 3.5 pieces per person.

mjarvis78 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:01am
post #6 of 6

The first post on this blog shows some of her mini desserts. There is a link to her website and I believe her pricing is on there.

I did a bunch a bars for a college graduation ceremony and did brownies, pecan bars, lemon bars, ricecrispy treats....

Quote by @%username% on %date%