I started makign flowers for a wedding cake coming up and I am half done with them, because we had discussed making them white with red edges, I made them out of white satin ice fondant.
Well, called to confirm order and flavors and she asks me to do the flowers in all red.
Here is her red color: it's called crimson on the site
Is there any way I can get something this dark on the white flowers?? What can I use to fix this...I really don't want to remake all those flowers.
(it doesn't have to be that exact color but close enough that is doesn't clash w/ it)
I do have an airbrush - what colors should I use to get this color?? And do you all think that would work??
I can also get some petal dust if anyone thinks that may help.
I just dread remaking all those flowers!!
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Not sure, but I think I go for the airbrush vs trying to paint with dust. The color is similar to the top color on this mixing chart, so maybe you can play with the colors using this as a guide until you get what you think is close:
Bummer they changed the design! Good thing you confirmed.
also, you must remember that colors on the computer screen are not always "true". You should tell her that you need a real swatch - in hand - ASAP.
I would do both brushing dust on then airbrush (if necessary)....in fact, do the airbrushing 1st then highlight w/dust.
If you haven't already tried it, I'd add one drop of black (or dk blue) to red; mix well. Then layer on the color - several light coats. Then do some dusting. I thin k you will be pleased w/the results.
I went to the store and bought Super red and Maroon airbrush colors and a luster dust that looks similar also. They didn't have any petal dust that looked close to the color at all. Hopefully this turns out...I am going to spray a few and see how it works this week so I can rush and remake flowers if I need to!
Again, thanks for your help!
I actually airbrushed some roses just last week in almost this same color. Same story...I had white roses, but needed them burgandy. If I remember correctly, I used several drops of red airbrush color, with one drop of purple & one drop of black. then, I added a little bit of all colors here & there until I got just the right shade. It worked great.