Help Please!!!

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 22 Sep 2008 , 1:53pm by lkoenig07

lkoenig07 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 7

icon_mad.gif Ok, I posted a question about this a couple weeks ago, but still can't get it to work. I'm trying to make a cake for my husband's birthday next week. I really want to do the Marines EGA (Eagle, Globe, and Anchor). However, I can't get it to work. I've trying the piping gel transfer & FBCT. The lines are just too small & intricate for it. Does anyone have any other ideas?! I don't want to do something else, because now I've gotten to the point where I'm determined to do his cake with that on it!! I just don't know what else to do. I also would rather not buy the candy mold & do it that way. PLEASE HELP!!!! I don't know what to do!!

6 replies
renee2007 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 7

did you try a royal icing transfer? if you use a tip #1 you should be able to do the intricate work, although I'm not sure what the design looks like. hth icon_smile.gif

lkoenig07 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 6:37pm
post #3 of 7

I have not tried royal icing. How would I do that? Just like an FBCT? I did try the chocolate transfer today & that seems to be working great... EXCEPT that when I go to pull the wax paper off, some of the lines start to break

renee2007 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 6:54pm
post #4 of 7

it's kinda like the fbct but you don't have to put it in the freezer. you just pipe it and let dry for a few hours and then pipe over again and let dry over night. then, carefully peel off the parchment paper (or wax paper) hth icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 10:00pm
post #5 of 7

.....a royal icing transfer.........
this is known as color flow icon_smile.gif If you decide to go this route, do it on plastic wrap.
When it is dry it will come right off (almost fall off) the plastic. If it is a lg piece I definately recommend the plastic.

frankandcathy Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 4:29am
post #6 of 7

You can also try Color Flo or using a projector. Or fondant cutouts with black royal icing details.

lkoenig07 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 1:53pm
post #7 of 7

Actually, I have tried the chocolate transfer method & it works great!! I make my bag using the parchment bags, so that the hole is small enough for the detail work. I think it went pretty well... we'll see when I actually do the cake on Saturday!! Thanks to everyone who replied... I'm sure I'll be using all techniques for something in the future

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%