Emergancy! Aldi's Butter?

Decorating By Karema Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 12:04am by stlcakelady

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 11:47am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone use Aldi's butter for baking. I need about 15 lbs of butter today and it is about 2.19 per lb so I want to find something lower. Does aldi bake up as good as other brands. I dont want to sacrifice my product. HELP!

5 replies
Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 12:40pm
post #2 of 6

No One? I need to start baking soon icon_cry.gif

sweetums1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetums1957 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:35pm
post #3 of 6

I use aldi's butter all the time and i can't tell the difference in it at all.

Patti

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 6

Butters vary by grade: A, AA, AAA. Some stores carry all 3 and they may be store brands (Aldi's, Kroger's, Giant Eagle, Acme, etc.) or name brands (Land O'Lakes, etc.). The store brand butters are often made at the same place, same time, along with the name brand. It's just the grading and then final labelling that makes them "appear" different.

Check the grade on the Aldi's butter and if it's the same as what you normally buy, it will be the same butter.

I buy most of my butter at Costco. It's their brand (Kirkland, I believe??) and it's AAA.

Rae

cakemommync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommync Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 6:40pm
post #5 of 6

I've used Aldi and Costco and haven't noticed any difference. Everything I've ever gotten at Aldi has been good. I even use their 99 cent cake mix all the time and get loads of compliments on it!

stlcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlcakelady Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:04am
post #6 of 6

I've been buying Aldi's butter for years and its great! I recently switched to buying mine from Sam's though. They have 4 lbs. of butter (solids not sticks) for $7.88. You can get salted or unsalted. Watch Aldi's prices...as there are times they'll want to get rid of their butter and price it at $.79 a lb! I rack up on it, buying 20 to 30 lbs. at a time and stick it in my freezer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%