3-D Hockey Stick

Decorating By patty7276 Updated 17 Sep 2008 , 4:25pm by DianeLM

patty7276 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 11:12am
post #1 of 4

working on this hockey cake (yesterday's posts cont'd) . what would be the best way to make a 3-d hockey stick that would be able to stand up (lean on a cake with a skate i made)? gumpaste? have never worked with modeling chocolate, does it get hard enough to stand up? any suggestions welcome!thank you

3 replies
DianeLM Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 4

How big does the stick need to be? Gumpaste would probably be your best bet. Depending on the size and style of cake, you could also make a cookie.

patty7276 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 4

i hadn't thought about a cookie . that might work. made the mistake of making the skate the size of an actual skate--it's huge! so if I made a little stick it would look funny, not to scale. so i was thinking if i made just the blade and a little bit of the stick(maybe as if it were a broken hockey stick) that might work. measured the blade of my son's hockey stick, is about 10 or 11 inches for the blade alone. i could lay it on it's side . might try gumpaste but keep the cookies in mind. thanks for the suggestion

DianeLM Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 4

You could make a mini-stick! Your son must have a bunch of those. And one of those little balls they like to annoy hotel guests in the hallways with. icon_wink.gif

Gosh, I miss those days. My son played Juniors last year and is now playing hockey for Texas Tech.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%