Decorating By cavette Updated 19 Sep 2008 , 11:57pm by cavette

cavette Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 4:39am
post #1 of 9

I was wondering if I could use the (wasc) recipe to make a yellow cake? I tried it for my son's birthday and it turned out great! T-N-Advance

8 replies
kayla1505 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:02am
post #2 of 9

ive used wasc to make yellow cake , its turns out yummy. i had a problem with chocolate though

JanH Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 8:06am
post #3 of 9

Here's the expanded flavors version of the WASC cake recipe:

You can use ANY flavor of cake mix, and change the extracts to suit....

My DH's favorite is DH orange cake mix (with orange extract) frosted with Rich's Bettercreme for a dreamsicle cake.

MomLittr Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 10:18am
post #4 of 9

This may have been answered before, but can I use plain yogurt instead of sour cream and get the same result? I have leftover yogurt from another recipe and was hoping to use it.

kakeladi Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 9:26pm
post #5 of 9

As the originator of the WASC recipe I know you can use it w/*any* cake flavoricon_smile.gif
Some people have posted they have sub'd yogurt for the sc but I never tried that.

kayla1505 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 8:53pm
post #6 of 9

hmm can i use it with red velvet cake

cavette Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:04pm
post #7 of 9

Kakeladi.... I made your recipe WASC (I used a yellow cake) and It is Perfect! and It saved me $5.00 (I need a 12 round cake)! My new BBF! Thanks Now if I can find the perfect BC it would be super!!

kakeladi Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 10:40pm
post #8 of 9

The perfect b'cfream? Have you tried SugarShacks?
Do you want a crusting or non crusting?
Are you a fan of butter? IMBC or SwissMBC? (I personally don't care for these).

I don't see why it couldn't be used w/red velvet (if you are using a box mix). Just b e sure to mix the dry ingredients *well* - a wisk works best.

cavette Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 11:57pm
post #9 of 9

I tried Sugarshack's Icing and I really liked it! It made enough icing for my cakes and then some! I don't really now where to find the Hi-Ratio Shortening......I really need to have it crust so I can smoothit better(I sick when it comes to that part of decorating) glad I do it for friends and family....they know I'm still trying to get some stuff down!

Thanks to everyone that is repying...every thing helps a great deal!!! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%