Sunbeam Heritage Mixer

Decorating By Tashablueyes Updated 20 Sep 2008 , 8:28pm by Carolynlovescake

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 2:36am
post #1 of 9

I was talking to the lady who does Wilton classes here in town and she's been doing cakes for 30 plus years and bought a Sunbeam Heritage a few years ago. It's got 350 watts and she LOVES it, far prefers it to her KA. Anyone else have one and an opinion?

8 replies
renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:49pm
post #2 of 9

I have a sunbeam mixmaster heritage series and it works great. although I have never had a KA so I can't really compare the two. but, after reading so many good things about the KA, I really would like to have one icon_rolleyes.gif I've had my sunbeam for about a year. icon_smile.gif

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 9

I have always had a Sunbeam Heritage, as my mom and grandma had them, and I inherited each, then my gramma-in-laws' as well. I got a new one for X-mas a couple years ago and I really like having it and I use it now as a back up and small batch mixer next to my KA Pro.

I usually need the larger capacity of the KA now, and love the speed, but especially around X-mas I love having both. The Sunbeam is a good mixer, and I will always love being able to scrape the sides of the bowl while it runs, which I miss badly with the KA.

I would not own one of the smaller KA mixers though, I have broken 2 at work and just don't think they compare to the Sunbeam for what they can do for the size, or to the quality/bigger size and motor of the KA pro.

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:45am
post #4 of 9

i too have a Sunbeam, I like it alot, but I do want a Kitchen Aid. I was scraping down my bowl and my spatula got caught in the beaters and now they are bent. icon_biggrin.gif

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:45pm
post #5 of 9

wesha, that's too funny cuz I did the same thing and my beaters are a little bent too. icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:54pm
post #6 of 9

I loved my Sunbeam....until it died. I stripped the gears. I think I over worked the poor dear. AND until I can save enough to get a good KA, I am back to a hand held....am pimping myself out to save enuff and quickly!

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 4:04pm
post #7 of 9

My beaters just bent for no obvious reason. I was very frustrated, spent $35 on a new set of beaters and they bent. I'm guessing that something was out of line inside so that they were not straight anymore, and would always bend. The little attachements inside holding the beaters appeared to be plastic!

Luckily I was able to return it and get my KA! I LOVE my KA!! I use the dough hook to make fondant too... icon_smile.gif

mtaccts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mtaccts Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 6:36pm
post #8 of 9

I love my Sunbeam - same as my mom's and Gram's - love it, love it, love it.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 8:28pm
post #9 of 9

I have two!

I love them.

If anything ever is out of whack, bent etc. call their customer service and ask what they can do for you.

I've never been let down by their customer service team!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%