Monogram Cookies- Can I Use Sugarveil???

Baking By Shanille21 Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 1:40am by janelwaters

Shanille21 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:20am
post #1 of 12

So i need to make some cookies for my cousins wedding and wanted to do an initial or monogram cookie. I was planning on using a scallopped edge cookie cutter and put the letters in the middle. I was thinking of purchasing the sugarveil icing and using that but didnt know if i could use it on top of RI, Rolled Buttercream or fondant? How would i attach it?

Does anyone have an easy way to put letters on the cookies? My writing leave alittle to be desired.. if you look at my pic you will see what i mean.

So any tips on the monogram cookie or sugarveil use would be great!!!

Thanks

~Shannon

11 replies
janelwaters Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:25am
post #2 of 12

YES YES YES!!! It is the EASIEST way to do perfect writing - all the same size etc!!

Check out my mickey cookie - that is sugarveil on top of RI - you can just layit on whatever surface - and it "sticks".

cutthecake Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:34am
post #3 of 12

What is sugarveil?
Thanks

Shanille21 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:38am
post #4 of 12

From what i understand it is an icing that when dry its flexible. I don really know much about it but have been read that its easiers than Ri to do things like monograms. hope fully someone else can explain it better than me.

www.sugarveil.com

the site will give you more info.

janel thanks for responding so quick

Shannon

janelwaters Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:54am
post #5 of 12

The best place to start is the website - tons of information. I LOVE mine! I don't use the air pen - you don't have to have it! The things that i recommend is the small thing of sugarveil mix, the video b/c it has so much info (watch mine all the time) and the comb.

the way that I use it is this - I print off what i want to write in the font that i like and tape it down to the table and tape wax paper over that - then I put crisco over the wax paper and pipe the design that I want. let dry for about 15 - 30 minutes, Pick it up - literally with your fingers and put it where you want to. it is flexible so it will wrap around a cake without breaking. and it "sticks" no matter what kind of base icing you are using.

There are a thousand other things that you can do with it - but this is my favorite thing - writing!

janelwaters Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:59am
post #6 of 12

btw - my mickey cake is done in sugarveil also - I outlined a mickey from my daughters coloring book and then layed it on the white chocolate icing and filled it in with more white chocolate icing. all the lettering on that cake is also sugarveil filled in.

Wonderful for doing any kind of logo!!

Sorry - I just LOVE the stuff!!

Shanille21 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 2:02am
post #7 of 12

Im excited ...cant wait to get it!!

janelwaters Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 2:06am
post #8 of 12

It did take me a little while to get the hang of mixing it - but just keep with it, once you get the right consistency/mix - the possibilities are ENDLESS!

shiney Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 3:37pm
post #9 of 12

So I'm wanting to do writing or drawing, then transfer to a cookie. Which product on the website do I need? Thank you, I've never heard of this product before, sounds brilliant! thumbs_up.gif
Shiney

janelwaters Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:09pm
post #10 of 12

Oh my gosh!!! Right now they have a Special Limited Time Offer for the DVD/Comb/and the 1lb bag of mix - that is what you need to get!! its $39.50 for the starter kit!

That gives you the mix to make the icing and you can just use your regular piping bag and tips the DVD is full of so much information and the comb allows you to make the "fabric" which you can manipulate any way you want to and even cut with scissors and use paper punches!!

That is a really great deal and everything that I recommend you get (you know b/c I'm such an expert! - NOT!!). Those are the three things that I use with my set and I even bought the air pen and everything.... you really don't need the air pen.

Then to do the writing and moving all you need is wax paper and crisco.

Shanille21 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:08am
post #11 of 12

another question.....can you color or flavor it?

janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 1:40am
post #12 of 12

Yes - you can color it, but I really don't know if you can flavor it. maybe email them and ask. I think it just tastes sweet - it really doesn't seem to have a "flavor".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%