Looking For A Recipe!

Baking By Babarooskie Updated 28 Sep 2008 , 8:25pm by calicopurr

Babarooskie Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone:

I'm looking for a peanut butter buttercream recipe. BUT, I alreadyBC pre-made. How can I convert it to Peanut Butter??

4 replies
Omphale237 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 5

I would try substituting peanut butter for part of the shortening or butter and just see how it goes... It sounds delicious!

Babarooskie Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omphale237

I would try substituting peanut butter for part of the shortening or butter and just see how it goes... It sounds delicious!

Thanks for your help! But I have BC pre-made...I need a peanut butter butter cream recipe.

Thanks again!

ThreeDGirlie Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 5

If you already have it made, then all you can do is add PB until it tastes OK... Maybe start with a cup of your BC and measure your PB so you know what to do to scale it up. If it gets too soft with all the PB, add more PS to stiffen it back up.

I've never done this with PB, but I have made chocolate BC this way. Just taking my regular BC and adding cocoa powder and liquid (usually chocolate syrup) until it tastes good.

calicopurr Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 5

I made a peanut butter frosting with butter, peanut butter, salt and vanilla.
The recipe is at all recipes.....Ina's recipe, the Barefoot Contessa. It was not to good to spread so I whipped up some Sweetex and added it to the frosting I just made and it was light and airy and I was able to pipe it on the cuppiecakes I just made. It really worked out well!! If you don't have Sweetex, add a bit of shortening. It lightens the peanut butter taste and it's not as rich......easy on the palet! I got rave reviews and they were gone in a flash!
HTH
Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%