Am I Still On This Site?

Decorating By justfrosting Updated 17 Sep 2008 , 5:39am by xstitcher

justfrosting Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 14

I don't mean to whine, but I am noticing that some of my posts are gone and especially a dog tutorial that I did is completely missing.

Is it me? icon_redface.gif

13 replies
JoAnnB Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 14

If you have been away for a while, there was some damage done during the transition to the new servers. Many threads were lost.

justfrosting Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 14

I checked after the crash and it was still there. It was there last week when someone Pm'ed me for instructions.

Deb_ Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 14

Are you sure they're gone?......maybe they're just waaaay back on another page.

Did you try clicking on "my forum posts"? If not maybe they were deleted for some reason. I noticed a post about Quincanera's (spelling?) that was here last week is now missing. I think if some threads get heated they (moderators) delete them. That one definitely was heading in the wrong direction.

I really don't know what else to suggest except maybe send an e-mail to Heath.

Good Luck,
Keep us posted,
Deb

cupcakemkr Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:38pm
post #5 of 14

I just read your dog tutorial a few minutes ago while surfing cc. Great job!

justfrosting Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 14

I did search for them. I got a "no posts exist" message. I don't want to bother Heath, just kinda a bummer because I put some work into it...

Oh well...

Thanks.

ShayShay Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:45pm
post #7 of 14

I just checked my watched topics and it is still in there. However, I can pull up 9 out of the 10 pages and on the 10th page it says no topic exists. HMMM....that's strange!

mcdonald Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:49pm
post #8 of 14

I found it too.. I just did a forum search with your screen name and it came right up.... I have it marked now!!!

chefbarbie0513 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:55pm
post #9 of 14

Hello Mcdonald This might be a silly question but how do you mark the forums?

justfrosting Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:55pm
post #10 of 14

I just checked again and there is still no way to for me to see the post, but I will trust you all it is there. Maybe I have a bad temp file or cookie. Thanks, Susan

myslady Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:57pm
post #11 of 14

If you are referring to your puppy cake tutorial it is at the top of the cake decorating forum.

7yyrt Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 3:56am
post #12 of 14

Try this link... http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-365353.html
You can get to it from the first page, but not the last. The last page was damaged, but the rest of the thread is still there.

ceshell Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 4:21am
post #13 of 14

Further to what 7yyrt posted, and the above folks mentioned about the crash: Any thread that was started before the crash but was also posted on during Oct 07-March 13 08, became "corrupted." The posts from before the crash remained intact, but all of the posts after Oct '07 (I forget what specific date) got munched. As a result the last page (or sometimes last few pages) of any such thread show up in the page listing...but if you click directly onto a corrupted page (again, usually the last page) you get that "no posts exist" message.

So as 7yyrt mentioned, you can get to your post from the first page, but not the last. If someone adds a post to it, their new post goes to the end of the UNcorrupted posts...in your case, four newer posts landed on p9, not on p10 like you'd expect. There will always be a last, corrupted page to confuse you (and anyone else receiving notifications).

Hope that makes sense, I just wanted to elaborate on what 7yyrt posted, since it applies to lots and lots of threads that had data that spanned from long before the crash, to during the crash and beyond. If you can find a way to navigate to the first page of such threads, you can still see a lot of the posts before you hit the dreaded "no posts exist" page.

xstitcher Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:39am
post #14 of 14

Thanks for posting the tutorial, your puppy is really cute! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%