Candy Balls

Decorating By koralkat Updated 17 Sep 2008 , 5:40pm by GeminiRJ

koralkat Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 12

Can anyone out there tell me where I can get the candy balls (gold, silver, and or white)? You know the ones that people put on the corners of there quilting patterns they put on the sides of cakes. WOW I really am having a hard time with this one. You used to get them in the store but they dont sell them anymore. If I am making any sense at all to you and you can help me out I would be grateful.

11 replies
JoAnnB Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 12

They are called dragees. If you are in California, they are banned.

If not, there are many online stores that sell them, just search dragee

koralkat Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:21am
post #3 of 12

Thank you JoAnnB so very much. I live in Mi so I guess they are not banned here and I will look online for them. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

annegirlca Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:40am
post #4 of 12

Hello! I live in Southern California and I just bought silver dragees for a princess cake. They had all sizes and shapes. (gold and silver) The shop is called ABC Cakes. They are located in Orange, CA . I never heard of a ban on them before. That's new to me! They have a website: Maybe they can ship some to you. I hope this helps!
Bethany icon_biggrin.gif

nickshalfpint Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:54am
post #5 of 12

They are not banned in california. There is some guy up north who is convinced that they will eventually kill you if you eat them. So he goes after every store in california who sells them (party pooper). There is a post somewhere on here with the whole story.

smbegg Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 2:06am
post #6 of 12

There is a great store in MI called Bakers nook. I am not sure where you are in location to it, but they sell Dragees and I have bought them there. They have a web site as well that you can order from.

nickshalfpint Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 2:20am
post #7 of 12

oops...... double post! icon_redface.gif

nickshalfpint Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 2:21am
post #8 of 12

Here is the link to a discussion about dragees. It gives a link to the story about the dragees hater in California.

koralkat Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 2:49am
post #9 of 12

Thank you all so much for your help!! ALOT!!

koralkat Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 4:52pm
post #10 of 12

Is is true that the metallic gold & silver are not edible?

CakeDiva73 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:00pm
post #11 of 12

omg, the 'dragee hater' - I just laughed out loud!

GeminiRJ Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:40pm
post #12 of 12

The local mega-craft store in my city removed dragees from the shelves, saying that they were not meant to be eaten. The coatings are not considered edible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%