Cccc #4- Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes

Baking By jenmac75 Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 3:30am by tammy712

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:50pm
post #151 of 187

Thanks Melvira...nicks already gave me the same recipe as you! Cant wait to try it.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 6:24pm
post #152 of 187

I have to say, I need to raise my rating on these. I made two pies from the pie thread, white chocolate raspberry cupcakes and these for our tailgate party Saturday. The chocolate p.b. cupcakes got the best comments and I still had one today and it is actually better than the first
day I made them. They seem to get more chewy and moist!

iownajane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iownajane Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 9:18pm
post #153 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmac75

Here I am everyone! icon_smile.gif

Chocolate Ganache 1
by cheftaz

8 oz (240ml) cream
1 tbls butter (optional but makes it stay really shiny even after refrigerating)
1 oz sugar
12 oz (340 g) chocolate

Break chocolate into 1/2 oz pieces and place in stainless steel bowl
Heat cream, butter and sugar to boiling. Pour over chocolate and let stand 5 minutes. Stir from center out until smooth. After refrigerating 1 hour then fill your piping bag
Or use to ice your cake by pouring or spreading (allow to cool to room temp first)

I'm also going to add crumbled peanut butter cups on top of the ganache for a little decoration!

Let's try 2 weeks again for this recipe. We will judge to see if people are itching to do another recipe before the deadline of Tuesday, Sept. 30th.

I am going to do the same thing for recipe contributor for the next challenge by having anyone PM me a number between 1 & 1,000 before midnight (let's say Eastern time-I'm 6 hours ahead of that) on Sunday, Sept. 21st. Iâve chosen a number (which I have shared with Melvira, just to keep things fair). The person closest to the number will be lucky #5!

Here is also the link to the last CCCC threads (I hope I'm doing this right!) If not someone will correct me!

#1: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=600308&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

#2: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6070812.html#6070812

#3: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-602336.html

Enjoy!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Was going to make this ganache NOW for the pb cupcakes(made the scratch ones....Thanks julieatkins!!!)....Is it CREAM or HEAVY(35%) cream...I have 10% on hand??? Help!!!

iownajane Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 9:39pm
post #154 of 187

bump!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 9:53pm
post #155 of 187

Ok is anyone going to try the next choice of the peach cupcakes ? I have the glaze made and I hope to make the cuppys tonight !

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:39pm
post #156 of 187

I'm sorry, I know this is off subject but I had to say THANK YOU!!!!! to everyone!!! I found the candy corn and carmel apple kisses yesterday but couldn't find the pumpkin and then today, there they sat at Target!!! They are soooooo wonderful! Thank you all for your help!!!! You are my new best friends!!! icon_lol.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:44pm
post #157 of 187

Im glad you found them ! I love love the pumpkin spice the mostest ever !

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:44pm
post #158 of 187

I am definitely going to, but not til next week. I am slammed with work this week trying to get ready to go out of town, plus a few last minute cake orders!

Melvira Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:46pm
post #159 of 187

gabbenmom... I'm thrilled you found them!! Now if I could just find the elusive candy apple ones (that I'm almost convinced don't really exist) I'd be even happier!!! thumbs_up.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:49pm
post #160 of 187

Oh no Mel.. I think I bought out and ate all the caramel apple ones thats why you cant find them ! Im so sorry ! Well maybe you can hunt for some where ever your going this weekend !

iownajane Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:54pm
post #161 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by iownajane

bump!

Melvira Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:55pm
post #162 of 187
Quote:

Quote:

bump!

Are you dancing? Hehehehe

You need to use heavy cream, especially if you want to make whipped ganache!

Fiddle, I'm gonna paddle you for those candy kisses!! icon_razz.gif

iownajane Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:03pm
post #163 of 187

Thanks Melvira...almost dancing icon_biggrin.gif ...I figured that was the answer,but hoped this recipe was MAYBE different...should someone correct the original to read "heavy cream"? I'll use IMBC for now...with Nutella..and ganache for something else...Thanks again!
Just for the record..I tossed my brownie mix ones...froze them,and let defrost in the fridge,and they're just too tough...the scratch are a little chewier....I guess it's maybe my baking time...c'est la vie!!

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 2:09am
post #164 of 187

Ok guys! I found SOME of the kisses, cookies and cream, candy corn, caramel apple, cherry cordial, dark chocolate raspberry....I think those are all. I can't find the coffee or the pumpkin spice. Now I need some ideas of what to do with them???? Anyone used them yet in a recipe? icon_wink.gif

Melvira Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 2:27am
post #165 of 187

Um, recipe...? You mean were weren't supposed to just eat the whole bag in the car on the way home?? icon_redface.gif

gabbenmom Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 2:52am
post #166 of 187

Amen to that Melvira! Now my kids think I should share my pumpkin ones with them (they got the other flavors yesterday). If you ask me, the caramel apple are my least favorite.......they aren't bad but pumpkin is the best!!! I just dropped a few in a cup of hot cocoa! Yummy!!!
There is a recipe on the bag for a pumpkin spice swirl swirl cheesecake pie that sounds pretty good. My lemon ones (from Easter) had a recipe for mousse using them. Haven't tried it yet, I am too busy eating them plain.

On another note, did you all see the white chocolate raspberry creamer is back in the stores!!!!! They have pumpkin too!!!! YUMMY!!!!

Melvira Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 2:59am
post #167 of 187

Oh stop it. I am never going to lose this baby weight if you keep talking like that! icon_rolleyes.gif

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 12:38pm
post #168 of 187

I know that's right Mel. I think I just gained 10 lbs thinking of the cheesecake. Yummo. icon_biggrin.gif

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 1:06pm
post #169 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Um, recipe...? You mean were weren't supposed to just eat the whole bag in the car on the way home?? icon_redface.gif

That was what I thought!! icon_biggrin.gif

gabbenmom Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 2:22pm
post #170 of 187

Oh yes!!! You think you are bad, my baby is 4 1/2 years old. UGH!!!!! But they still sound goo don't they!

frstech Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 2:26pm
post #171 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Oh stop it. I am never going to lose this baby weight if you keep talking like that! icon_rolleyes.gif

My baby is thirteen, and I still have that baby fat!! Pumpkin kisses weren't around then, but they certainly aren't helping now!! icon_lol.gif

Dawn

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 2:32pm
post #172 of 187

I had been on my diet faithful for over two weeks and the subject of this thread finally did me in----I mean I don't even dare OPEN it--but it aided me in my falling off the wagon last night. I had actually written a cease and desist post to try & make this juicy deliciously titled thread go away but I discarded it.

So I go in the kitchen & open a cupboard and that bag of pretzels stared back at me blinking in the sunlight and down I went!! Then I had a piece of leftover cake mmmmmmm then we had mexican for dinner mmmmmm.

Ok -play time's over--but, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif :

frstech Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 2:39pm
post #173 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

I had been on my diet faithful for over two weeks and the subject of this thread finally did me in----I mean I don't even dare OPEN it--but it aided me in my falling off the wagon last night. I had actually written a cease and desist post to try & make this juicy deliciously titled thread go away but I discarded it.

So I go in the kitchen & open a cupboard and that bag of pretzels stared back at me blinking in the sunlight and down I went!! Then I had a piece of leftover cake mmmmmmm then we had mexican for dinner mmmmmm.

Ok -play time's over--but, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif :

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 9:45pm
post #174 of 187

k8memphis... you can blame us for the unattractive swooshy sound your thighs make when you walk! Hehehehe. Or if you're like me, the thighs aren't the problem. I'm a chubby midsection kind of girl. It all goes directly to the midzone. I'm the Michelin Man's illegitimate daughter from neck to navel. icon_rolleyes.gif But hey, I've got nice legs. Hehehe. I blame the babies... they're too cute to get mad at!!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 9:50pm
post #175 of 187

OMG, Mel! You and I are sisters!!!! We are the daughters of the Michelin man!!!! And frstech~ my baby is 13 as well and I still have his (and the whole neighborhoods) babyfat! Must have been that 'crop' year.

fiddlesticks Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 9:51pm
post #176 of 187

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Oh Mel!! icon_lol.gif
Let me tell ya ladies it gets harder as you get older to ! icon_sad.gificon_wink.gif

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 9:54pm
post #177 of 187

Yeah, well, being I'm probably one of the moldy oldies here, it
AIN'T GETTING EASIER!!! I gave up!

Maybe instead of calling it babyfat, it can be 'marshmallow fluff' we have.

Melvira Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 10:13pm
post #178 of 187

Marshmallow fluff!! Bwahahahaha!! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

In all seriousness, I am so not upset about my weight even though I don't like it. The whole truth is that I was very sick at one point, and when they finally figured it out, I was able to lose a whole lot of weight, (wow... I was even, dare I say it, good looking?) then I knew it was time to start having my babies, I was finally healthy enough! So... for me, this midsection chub is just one of the bits of physical evidence that my most desired wish in life was granted!! Not once, but twice!! (Do I hear a third time?? Hehehe. Prolly not... mean old hubby just thinks 2 is enough.)

That doesn't mean I don't want to lose it... doesn't mean I don't miss those storage bins of 'skinny hot girl clothes' in the basement that TAUNT me (and hubby icon_rolleyes.gif ) but it does help me put it in perspective. Besides, I'm one of those lucky girls whose husband loves her no matter what she weighs. Man, did I luck out there!! icon_cool.gif

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 10:33pm
post #179 of 187

Me too Mel. I have the best hubby even when I weighed 215 lbs he never once said a word. I was the one and I vow to never get that big again and all this wonderful food is killing me. I would like to know why I can't be one of those lucky people who can eat anything and never gain a pound. Oh ladies my baby was 25 when I started losing my baby weight and I've still got 20 lbs to go. icon_cry.gif

Melvira Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:52am
post #180 of 187

Oh Meemaw, I know what you mean. I never want to be as big as I got when I was sick. Ugh. I hate my wedding pictures. I don't even recognize that fatty! Whew. Uggo! That's why, for our tenth anniversary I want to re-wed. Of course that gives me 3 years to lose the baby weight so I can buy a really slutty second wedding dress! Hehehehe. Maybe we won't do this one in a church! icon_twisted.gif Just kidding, I want it to be classy, but something I never could've worn the first time around, you know? Kind of like a 'you loved me when I sucked, so now you got a hotty!' thing for my hubby! I always tell him if he paid for all the surgery, I could be his trophy wife!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%