Very Basic Questions....but I'm New...

Decorating By Doodah Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 7:54pm by nissi01

Doodah Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 5

I have to make royal icing and colour flow icing for a cake class tomorrow night. If I make it tonight, how do I store it? In tupperware? Refrigerated?

Any warnings on potential issues I may have making the colour flow? Does everything have to be de-greased for colour flow, the same as with the royal???

Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks in advance.

4 replies
tx_cupcake Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 5

You can keep RI on the counter in an airtight container for a long time. I'm not sure about color flow, though. I've only made it once, and that was a while back. I don't remember having any particular issues with it...

snowshoe1 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 5

You can make it tonight, store it in tupperware and leave it on the counter. No need to put in fridge.

Yes, you should try to avoid grease when making your colorflow also.

The above works fine, but I prefer to store RI in glass containers, and I never put a damp towel on top (many people do this). After working so hard on making the perfect consistency RI I don't want to mess with the moisture content (learned this the hard way!).

Doodah Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you both so much!

nissi01 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 5

ive made color flow twice and stored it in a glass jar. Grease breaks down color flow just like grease breaks down royal icing (according to my Wilton instructor) so i wouldnt recommend storing it in tupperware.

hope this helps some.

Denise

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%