Baking Ahead

Decorating By vicmic Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 11:20pm by DeniseFL

vicmic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicmic Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 4

I know this has been discussed before but can't find the answer in the forums after looking for over 20 minutes and being at work doesn't allow me much more time so please be patient and help me out? I need to do a three tier birhtday cake for Friday night, is today (Tuesday) too early to bake so I can decorate on Thursday? Should I freeze, put in fridge, what? I really want this cake to be good as it is for a good friend. I have to deliver it Friday as soon as I leave my day job so I have to really have it completed on Thursday so what is the best way to keep it Thursday night and Friday until I deliver it to the party room? Thanks for any and all advice icon_cry.gif

3 replies
cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 4

I would bake today and freeze and take out Thursday morning to decorate Thursday evening. There seems to be a lot of people (and I) who think freezing makes the cake more moist. I mostly do it for convenience sake!

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 4

Maybe too late, but I say not early early.

I bake wed for sat weddings. i bake wed, let cool, refrigerate. thursday I fill, and crumb coat, friday I decorate as much as I can before transport.

So you can jsut back that schedule up a day. Make sure you allow enough time for defosting because you can get bubbles and sweating if you ice while still frozen.

Julia

DeniseFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseFL Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 4

agree with "cherrycakes" that's what I usually do icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%