Cookie Bouquet Questions

Decorating By tonia3604 Updated 19 Sep 2008 , 5:22am by tonia3604

tonia3604 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 3:45pm
post #1 of 5

I haven't ever done a cookie bouquet. I am wondering what is everyones favorite method for decorating? The fondant doesn't sound good to me, I know the royal is crunchy, I read a web blog about decorating with regular decorator icing which sounds like it would taste the best, but wouldn't that get all messed up when you put individual bags ove the cookies?

I am wondering if the Cookie Bouquets really taste good, or are they selling mostly because they are a novelty?

4 replies
TheCakerator Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 5

you should check out NFSC recipe as well as Antonia74's icing recipe. Both together make a wonderful tasting combination, not to hard, not to soft, and they bag up extremely well!!

Edee Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 4:48pm
post #3 of 5

I love sugar cookies with royal icing. Recently I covered the cookies with marshmallow fondant (so much easier and tastes great) and I thought it tasted equally as great. The regular icing wouldn't hold up very well if packaging, if you are going to leave them spread out on a platter or something like that they would be fine but not packaging.

Let me know if I can help you any other way.

GeminiRJ Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 5

I use a slight variation to Toba's Glace. It dries firm to the touch, but not crunchy hard. It is easy to work with.

3 cups sifted powdered sugar
3 T. milk or water (I use skim milk)
3 T. light corn syrup
15 drops brite white food color (optional)

Mix the first three ingredients until well combined. (I use a bowl and a spoon). Add the brite white. This is optional, but it really helps keep the icing from getting cloudy and spotted. It also makes it a bit more opaque. The final consistency of the icing for flooding should be similar to Elmer's school glue. To thicken the icing, add more powdered sugar. For thinner icing, add more corn syrup. You'll definitely need to add more powdered sugar to achieve the right consisteny for outlining. Allow the icing to dry at least 12 hours before bagging. Once the icing has completely set, you can draw on it with food color markers. The high sugar content will keep the icing from spoiling if made with milk, and the leftovers can be refrigerated for 2-3 weeks.

tonia3604 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:22am
post #5 of 5

Thank you all for your help! I have just gotten busy with cakes again, but am hoping to try out some cookies soon! I'll post pics when I do (although I'll probably be back with more questions first)!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%