Bridal Show And Bookings?

Business By panipuri Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 10:22pm by indydebi

panipuri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panipuri Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 3

I was just wondering - for those of you who have done bridal shows, approximately how many bookings do you get from it? Just wondering if it is worth it ( I know all those who have done them say they are)
How soon do you see the bookings? Within a month of the show? do you book at the show? Any opinions out there would be welcome. Thanks

2 replies
jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 3

my first bridal show was expensive because of all the items that need to be purchased, but can be reused. I received several bookings from the show, almost enough to cover the total cost. Had this been a second or third show, I would have covered my cost several times over.
One of the big ticket items I purchased was a digital photo frame to display my pics (thank you CC'ers) thumbs_up.gif it had been mentioned on here that photo albums have a habit of disappearing at shows. some mentioned they use their laptops to display a slide show, but DH pointed out that all it takes is one stray Starbucks and the laptop is toast thumbsdown.gif

I'd say its defintely worth the money, but the initial investment can be pretty steep.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 3

Remember that at a bridal show, you are getting brides who are getting married next month to next year, so many of them are just in the information gathering stage. Do not be surprised if/when you get calls months later from a bride who saw you at the show.

At my first show, I spent $300 (it was a small show) and booked about 10 times that amount in bookings. I never count number of bookings .... I count number of dollars.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%