What Do I Need? Cutter? Mold? Veiner?

Decorating By AKA_cupcakeshoppe Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 11:28am by bashini

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 10:43am
post #1 of 6

I am so confused. I hope someone can help me out. I wanna be able to make cute flowers using fondant. but i am not sure what I need.

should I buy cutters and veiners? or molds? or all 3? do they come with instructions when I buy them or should i figure them out for myself?

I'm just starting out and I wanna try if I can do fondant accents, i will appreciate any advice you guys can give me. thanks!

5 replies
bashini Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 10:54am
post #2 of 6

Hi, first I would select what kind of flower I'm going to make. Then I would buy a cutter and the veiner. You will need a ball tool, a thin pad to keep the cutout on and soften the flower petals. And I would use flower paste or gumpaste to make flower. I wouldn't use fondant alone.

And you also need 26 or 28 gorge wire, green craft tape and calyx cutter as well.


AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 10:59am
post #3 of 6

thanks for replying! I only just wanna make blossoms and maybe a 5-petal flower. I don't think I'm ready for any complicated flowers just yet.

Can i add tylose powder to fondant? I have heard about it but have never used it before.

bashini Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 11:07am
post #4 of 6

Yes, you can add a 1/2 teaspoon of tylose to 250g of fondant. The other thing that you can do is, mix 50/50 store bought gumpaste and fondant. icon_smile.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 11:11am
post #5 of 6

thanks again icon_smile.gif

i'm off to check if GSA has tylose powder for sale. icon_biggrin.gif

bashini Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 11:28am
post #6 of 6

You are welcome. Hope all goes well for you. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%