What Should I Do??? Help!

Decorating By Karema Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 3:58pm by Karema

bejewelled Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bejewelled Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 8:29am
post #31 of 42

Good luck!. Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 9:11am
post #32 of 42

You are doing great!! thumbs_up.gif When youre feeling tired and sleepy, just remember you can sleep and rest after its all over. icon_wink.gif When you are counting the money you will be glad you did it, hehe! party.gif Keep going strong and you know you can do it!!! I hope you do super fantastic!! icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 1:10pm
post #33 of 42

Good gravy woman! You are made of stern stuff!!! thumbs_up.gif

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 10:25pm
post #34 of 42

Good luck and I hope you sell heaps of goodies. icon_biggrin.gif

basketlacey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
basketlacey Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 12:54pm
post #35 of 42

I have been following your thread! I can't wait to see how it goes!

Good luck!

Let us know what your best seller is!

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 1:12pm
post #36 of 42

So its all over. I worked three days straigt and didtn sleep for the last two. It went pretty well. I didnt make $1000 but I did make $600. My top seller was my carrot cake cupcakes and cream cheese pound cake. I have alot of cookies left so I will try to sell them at the flea market today. I just woke up around 8:30 so I'm going to eat breakfast and get going. Some good things did happen though. I was in line in front of this lady and she was asking what I was selling and I said baked goods and we kept talking. She ended up telling me that she has a kitcen aid mixer from 1985 and it was only used once a year for christmas cookies and if I want it its mine. I said yessssss! She sold it to me for $50 and threw in some professional cookie sheets, a cookie spatula, and a marble cutting board to roll out dough. The mixer is white and looks almost new, it has the splash guard and it is a lift bowl. She even had all the attachments and the instruction manual. I could hav kissed that lady. So my new baby is settling in.

I also met a lady who wants me to sell her baked goods at wholesale prices for the festival of lights. She wants them for 6 weeks and I just drop them off and she stays there to sale. It may be a great opportunity but I'm going to still think and pray about it because I want everything to have my name on it. I will be nice that I wont have any leftovers or lose profit because I cant sell it all. So I would say yesterday was a success. I got a kitcen aid $600 and an offer to wholesale goods. Thank you all so much for your help and encouragement. I am exhausted though and did sleep for 12 hours straight. icon_eek.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 1:54pm
post #37 of 42

I would call that an absolute victory!!! Congratulations!! party.gif

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 10:37pm
post #38 of 42

Thats wonderful and I'm so glad everything turned out so well. Now you need to rest. icon_biggrin.gif

basketlacey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
basketlacey Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 12:27am
post #39 of 42

Way to go! It definitely sounds like a successful weekend!

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:49pm
post #40 of 42

Karema,

I am so proud of you. I knew that you could do it. We have a couple of flea markets in my area that are open on the weekend. I was thinking about setting up a table and selling my products there. It is alot of work though, but I think I can handle it. The only thing is dragging my 10 and 2 year old out there with me.

dmhart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmhart Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 4:52pm
post #41 of 42

Congrats!!! I know you are glad to have it all behind you. You did great.

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:58pm
post #42 of 42

Weesha, I had an eight year old and a two year old with me. So trust me I understand. It was challenging but not horrible. My nephew the eight year old pushed my son around in a stroller but he had to check in every 5 minutes. He wasnt allowed to go too far. I also put my two year old on a harness and put the strap around my nephews arm so my son couldnt just unbuckle himself and jump out. Your ten year old should be able to help you out. Maybe offer him a treat if he helps or take him out for lunch to McDonalds or Burgerking. It worked for me. Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%