Coloring Fondant

Decorating By alliesstar2 Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 4:12am by alliesstar2

alliesstar2 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:47am
post #1 of 6

I am going to attempt my first fondant cake and I will be using satin ice for most of the cake. However for the parts that will not be eaten, I want to use Wilton fondant but I am not sure how to color the white fondant. Using the wilton icing color gels doesnt seem!

5 replies
sandykay Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:55am
post #2 of 6

The Wilton colors will work fine, nut another option is to use the smaller boxes or precolored Wilton fondant. This way is a lot easier and less messy.
Hope that helps.

kakeladi Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 3:09am
post #3 of 6

Why does that not seem right? icon_smile.gif
Yes, that's the right way to color it....using any paste/gel color you have.

alliesstar2 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 3:23am
post #4 of 6

I don't Because I have no idea what I am doing. How do I exactly go about mixing the color in the fondant?

icer101 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 3:38am
post #5 of 6

i use a toothpick.... stripe the color on the fondant with the wilton paste/gelcolor.... then you knead it in ... then you pull and stretch the fondant until the color is one color... add color little at the time until it is the color you want....if i want a lighter color than is in the prepackaged box.... then i will use that in my white fondant to make it lighter than the prepackage ones... but most of the time i use the toothpick method to get my colors .. if you want a marble effect... then you pull and stretch less until you like the effect.

alliesstar2 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 4:12am
post #6 of 6

great! thanks for your help icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%