I Couldn't Resist!

Decorating By mndy204 Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 9:11pm by Aliwis000

mndy204 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:45am
post #1 of 13

I'm making some taco cupcakes for my mom to take to work tomorrow and my daughter (she's 4) decides she needs me to help her make cakes in the living room. This is what I helped with. I couldn't help but show off her cakes and the picture she took herself. icon_smile.gif I think I have a future baker on my hands!! icon_biggrin.gif

12 replies
paddlegirl14 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:50am
post #2 of 13

Those are so cute! icon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:52am
post #3 of 13

ooooooooooh, sweet baby! She wants to be like Mom...that is just too sweet.

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:52am
post #4 of 13

Thats adorable , very sweet ! Tell her she did a wonderful job ! icon_biggrin.gif

jessfmaldonado Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:55am
post #5 of 13

Oh my gosh that is so cute. Don't you love it!!! Shes a great photographer as well, lol.

My two year is always wanting to help me when I am decorating or in the kitchen baking or cooking..So I now give her a bit of fondant and a celpin and ball tool and she will sit there for at least an hour. She tells me "see mama, my cake, pretty huh" lol. My 8 year old loves to do this too. Gosh I wish they never grow up!!!

Jessica icon_smile.gif

JessDesserts Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:55am
post #6 of 13

those are precious. Make sure you find her an Easy Bake oven ( do they still make those?!?) ASAP.

Adorable thumbs_up.gif

JessDesserts Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:56am
post #7 of 13

oops forgot to ask......

Whats a taco cupcake?

Jessika

mndy204 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:29pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessDesserts

oops forgot to ask......

Whats a taco cupcake?

This is a taco cupcake:

When I told my parents I was making some for my brother's birthday I think they thought it was going to be real tacos somehow in a cupcake, once they saw what I was really doing they were impressed. icon_smile.gif

And I don't know if they still make Easy Bake Ovens, but it's definitely worth looking into! icon_lol.gif

JessDesserts Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 3:49am
post #9 of 13

wow! thats great! Would you mind telling me how you made that?

Shannie13 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 5:49am
post #10 of 13

So sweet! My 4 yr old gets rather into the decorating too, so I hand her a cupcake and a decorator bag with some icing in it and say "go to town"! It is quite amazing what talent little ones have when they see their moms or dads doing something fun!

They do make Easy Bake Ovens still but recommended age is 8+, too many kids were getting burned. My 4 yr old has one and as long as she is supervised she does pretty well, the 100watt light bulb gets pretty hot and scares me.

So glad your parents enjoyed the taco cupcakes!! They are quite a cute little treat and very well done!

Shannie

mndy204 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:10pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:

wow! thats great! Would you mind telling me how you made that?

I found it in the Cupcake Fun Wilton book. They are really easy and fun. If you don't have that book or access to that book I can send you instructions the best I can.

mndy204 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:14pm
post #12 of 13

Thank you Shannie!! I have so many people wanting me to make these tacos! icon_rolleyes.gif

I'll have to look for the Easy Bake Oven! I don't blame you for worrying about that lightbulb! Thank you for letting me know about the Easy Bake oven though!! It's an idea for Christmas or Birthday. thumbs_up.gif

Aliwis000 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 9:11pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:

those are precious. Make sure you find her an Easy Bake oven ( do they still make those?!?) ASAP.

Adorable thumbs_up.gif

Oh how I loved my easy bake oven! I had two!!! lol I miss those, and my light bright.....why did i have to grow up!

~Alicia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%