"cone" Cake

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 2:50am by Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats

__Jamie__ Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 4

Anyone have any tips on making a cone shaped cake? Quite literally, shaped like an upside down ice cream cone, only bigger, at the base it would be as large around as an 8" cake. The only big "must do" I can think of is to stack and chill very well before carving. But, any ideas on how to make sure the tip of the "cone" is centered and the sides are perfectly shaped for a good base for the fondant?

3 replies
Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 12:38am
post #2 of 4

I did a cone shaped Christmas tree one time. It was about 8â high and 5â at the base. I made my own pan. It was a lot easier then carving. I just used a piece of poster board and laid a sheet at aluminum foil on it. Then I greased & flowered it and rolled it into a cone with a little masking tape to hold it in place. I used a soup can to hold it upright, and put that in a cake pan to prevent it from spilling all over. The tape burned a little, but it did the trick. Just unwrap it when itâs done. You could easily do something like that on top of an 8â 7â and 6â layer and have minimal carving

__Jamie__ Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 1:47am
post #3 of 4

Wow....now THAT is an idea! Thanks a lot!

Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:50am
post #4 of 4

I forgot to mention to put a few heat nails into to. I put a rose nail up through the bottom of the cone and I just poked a couple through the side where it rested at the top of the can. They also helped stabilize it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%