Chewy Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Needed For Trail Mix Stir-In!

Baking By FrostinGal Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 9:35pm by FrostinGal

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 4

Okay, I'm officially addicted to the Kirkland trail mix from Costco. The other night while snacking and reading, it occured to me: this trail mix needs an oatmeal cookie vehicle!!
So I'm looking for the best chewy oatmeal cookie recipe. Kind of like the Costco oatmeal cookies.
I used to have a favorite cookie recipe, but lost a folder with my holiday cookie recipes in it and haven't found a good oatmeal cookie recipe, yet.
Imagine: peanuts, cashews, almonds, raisins and regular M&M's in an oatmeal cookie....YUM!
Thanks for looking,

3 replies
christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 1:15am
post #2 of 4

Here is my recipe, it got a first place ribbon at the county fair!

1 stick butter, soft
1/2 cup butter crisco
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups quick oats
1 1/2 cup AP flour
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp. salt
fruits and nuts of your choice ( I used 3/4 cup Craisins and 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots.)

Beat butter, crisco, vanilla, sugars and eggs in mixer bowl and beat for about 2 minutes at med. speed. Scrape bowl. Add oats, flour that has had soda and salt whisked in and fruits/nuts. Stir until just combines. Drop by rounded teaspoon or cookie scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes, turning cookie sheets front to back at the halfway point. No need if using convection oven. YUMMY!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 4:23am
post #3 of 4

I use the oatmeal cookie recipe on the side of the Quaker Oats box, but I add some applesauce .... 1/3 to 1/2 cup ... you know, "until it looks right" icon_biggrin.gif .

Anyway ... these are so moist that I had to stop making them for the car dealership because they were TOO moist ... sticking together too bad. So I had to alter the recipe to fix them so they weren't so moist. During the time period that I was working on the correction, a few customers complained because there were no oatmeals. When they were told "There was a problem with them being too moist" the customer said, "But that's what made them so good!" icon_biggrin.gif

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 9:35pm
post #4 of 4

Mmmm, Christeena, sounds yummy with the apricots and craisins. I'm also addicted to craisins. Hmmmm, maybe the trail mix needs some craisins....LOL
LOL debi! "Until it looks right," got it. Yup. No ambiguity at all. Uh huh! That's what my mom says about making tortillas!
Okay, so I'll have to make the cookies twice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%