**help** So Simple A Kid Could Do It* Decorated Cakes.

Decorating By bcake1960 Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 2:06am by bcake1960

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 4

I am being inundated with questions and How to... A local school is having Grandparents day and all the kiddo's are to bring a decorated cake they DID BY THEIRSELVES.. Well Mom's (my loyal customers) are coming to me for Ideas for Janie and Johnny.. I really don't mind but I need some ideas like tonight or tomorrow.. so they will have time to do them.. What a better place to come (here) for ideas.. right... Anyone have any super simple but cute ideas... this is an auction and everyone wants the Cute cake! icon_smile.gif Thanks All icon_wink.gif

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 4

There is always fondant dots or hearts or other shapes that can be cut out w/cookie cutters then place on b'cream cakes.....Let them buy a sm plkg of Wilton's fondant.....Yah, it's yucky but for a few decorations it won't be that bad. Also suggest teddy grahams; gummy worms; & other shaped candy or cereals; goldfish crackers etc.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1257021Make flower shapes & fill in w/stars of 'stitching lines'.

Look thru the 'first cakes' gallery for ideas.

Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 4

How about a candy cake? They are so easy and kids love them! The cake doesn't even have to be frosted well.
LL

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:06am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the great ideas kakeladi and toptier.. I might incorporate both... candy and fondant... I like the idea of the fondant decorations.. much easier for them to cut out than to squeeze out and I always have mmfondant..on hand.. Thanks again..
Shelly icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%