**help** So Simple A Kid Could Do It* Decorated Cakes.

Decorating By bcake1960 Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 2:06am by bcake1960

bcake1960 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 4

I am being inundated with questions and How to... A local school is having Grandparents day and all the kiddo's are to bring a decorated cake they DID BY THEIRSELVES.. Well Mom's (my loyal customers) are coming to me for Ideas for Janie and Johnny.. I really don't mind but I need some ideas like tonight or tomorrow.. so they will have time to do them.. What a better place to come (here) for ideas.. right... Anyone have any super simple but cute ideas... this is an auction and everyone wants the Cute cake! icon_smile.gif Thanks All icon_wink.gif

3 replies
kakeladi Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 4

There is always fondant dots or hearts or other shapes that can be cut out w/cookie cutters then place on b'cream cakes.....Let them buy a sm plkg of Wilton's fondant.....Yah, it's yucky but for a few decorations it won't be that bad. Also suggest teddy grahams; gummy worms; & other shaped candy or cereals; goldfish crackers etc.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1257021Make flower shapes & fill in w/stars of 'stitching lines'.

Look thru the 'first cakes' gallery for ideas.

Toptier Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 4

How about a candy cake? They are so easy and kids love them! The cake doesn't even have to be frosted well.

bcake1960 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:06am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the great ideas kakeladi and toptier.. I might incorporate both... candy and fondant... I like the idea of the fondant decorations.. much easier for them to cut out than to squeeze out and I always have mmfondant..on hand.. Thanks again..
Shelly icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%