It's A %$#@#@ Monday

Lounge By athompson0525 Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 1:24am by MichelleM77

athompson0525 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
athompson0525 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 6

Just need to let off a little bit of steam.

So the day starts off with a 2 hr delay due to the high wind damage from yesterday. That wasn't too bad other than my daughter was wound up nice and tight. She proceded to keep herself in trouble all morning. I was so glad when it was time to drop her off.

When I got back from dropping her off the cat (they live in the basement. There is a pet door but the old cat won't come through it). The cat was whining so I opened the door to let him out and the basement smelled hot and wet. Yes you guessed it, the hot water heater was leaking. Our house was built in 05 so it isn't very old. 3/4 of the basement (it isn't level) is covered in anywhere from 1 to 3 inches of water. Good thing I love plastic totes...Looks like the only thing that is ruined is the hutch to my husband's cherry desk. To top it off it is laundry day and i've got to get my husband's laundry done as he leaves for a week long business trip tomorrow. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

5 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 6

yuck!!! My kids didn't have school not because it was cancelled (all the other schools were cancelled, but there's is private and had power)..we didn't have any power which wouldn't have stopped me, but I work at their school and when school started we couldn't find uniforms anywhere so each kid only has one pair of uniforms and I own like 3 skirts all of the above mentioned clothes were washed last night and I popped them in the dryer when I went to bed. Well, wouldn't you know it, the power goes out and the dryer stopped working!!!! So we get up this morning (by the grace of God because the alarm clock didn't work) and all the clothes are sopping wet!!!! No real damage other than that thankfully.........it was a wiiiinnnnndddddyyyyyy night!
So my little rugrats have been running around like banchees all day!!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 7:13pm
post #3 of 6

I'm sorry your having a rough day. No school here today due to the storm. We were luckier than most around us in our neighborhood, we only have a couple of trees down and some siding that will need replaced.
I hope things improve with your day.

athompson0525 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
athompson0525 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks. There is very little wiggle room in our budget and I stress out majorly when we have these expensive surprises.

I think Marysville was the only school around that actually had school. My daughter also goes to Private school but they follow the Marysville school district.

About 1/2 the town is without power. We lucked out and ours only blinked.

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 6

I have Consolidated Elec and we lost power for a few hours last nite and then by the time we got back from Dinner it was back on.

I work in Worthington and my Kroger was the only one around that had power so everyone was there this morning. My Starbucks was extremely busy. We had lines of 20+deep all morning icon_cry.gif

We made and sold about 300 sandwiches because there was nothing really open. We are in OHIO, we're not supposed to get Hurricane force winds around here. We were so not expecting this.

Barb

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 1:24am
post #6 of 6

Funny how this post brought out all the Ohioans that survived the 60+ MPH winds! icon_smile.gif I thought I was going to have a heart attack watching all the trees practically bend in the middle towards my house all evening! I could not get to sleep. Thank goodness we didn't lose power, but it wouldn't have mattered if I would have conked out due to the stress! LOL! My sister is south of Columbus in Sugar Grove, lost power yesterday, and was told it could be a week to get it back on. She is surrounded by a nature preserve, so I'm sure they have a lot of clean up to do. They have a generator for fridge, full size freezer, and TV. I'm sure they are having a blast trying to keep a 2yo and a dog entertained all day with no electricity and just one little TV.

I hope you made it through the day okay!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%