Recipe For Yummy Choc./choc. Chip Roll-Outs

Baking By GeminiRJ Updated 15 Sep 2008 , 7:00pm by SweetDreamsAT

GeminiRJ Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 4

I was asked for the recipe for my Tiki cookies, and thought I would do so in the forum first as it usually takes a while for a recipe to show up in the recipe section. It's really just a modification of two other's very yummy! You'll get a firm cookie that is not crisp, and has little to no spread.

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
3 oz. premelted unsweetened baking chocolate
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup mini-chocolate chips

Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy (about 3 minutes on medium speed). Add vanilla, egg, and chocolate and beat until well mixed. In a separate bowl, combine the baking powder with the flour. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, about 1 cup at a time. Mix only until just combined. Fold in the chips. Lay a sheet of waxed paper on your work surface and lightly dust with flour. Roll out a disc of dough to 1/4" thickness (no need to chill). Cut into shapes, place on cookie sheet, and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

This recipe made 35 cookies that were approximately 2.25"x3.25".

3 replies
funbun Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 4

They sound yummy! I'll have to try them soon! Thanks for posting icon_biggrin.gif

ElectricCook Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the recipe. I will try them soon.

SweetDreamsAT Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 4

Oh YUM! I can't think of anything that would make a chocolate cookie better than more chocolate! Love the idea of the mini chips. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Quote by @%username% on %date%