Question For Kincaellan (Or Anyone Who Can Help)

Sugar Work By lorenaalvarez Updated 22 Sep 2008 , 11:39pm by kincaellan

lorenaalvarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorenaalvarez Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 5:32pm
post #1 of 4

kincaellan (or anyone who knows): I'd love to know how you do the swirls you have on your sugar pieces. I saw them on your site and would love to know if you use some molds. Could you sell me some? Or is it blown sugar? icon_redface.gif It looks clear so I thought it might be poured sugar. I love them and think they would look great as decoration for my cakes. I sometimes add sugar butterflies and other things to my cakes, but these look great to give them some height.

Thanks. I would love to someday take one of your classes, but it seems as if I am too far away. Someday. I can dream. icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
chovest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chovest Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 4

I'm not sure which piece you're referring to, but in the description for the angel it is said they are pulled sugar. You can always send a PM asking, most CCers are good about answering questions.

lorenaalvarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorenaalvarez Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 4

thanks chovest icon_biggrin.gif

Those were the ones I was talking about.

I had not seen the description. icon_redface.gif

kincaellan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kincaellan Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 11:39pm
post #4 of 4

Lorenaalvarez,

The swirls are clear sugar. I cut them from the sugar mass and then pull them into a long tapered rope. As they cool I shape them into the spiral finally melting a wire into the fat end once it's cooled. Ta Da

I hope that helps and sorry for the late post. You can try Private Messaging me for a faster response.

www.kincaellan.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%