What Clever Organizing Things Have You Come Up With?

Decorating By wrightway777 Updated 19 Sep 2008 , 1:56am by wrightway777

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 5

Any clever ideas out there? Heres a few of mine:

- green clips (metal) from Home Depot to hang impression mats from my metal commercial shelves.

- fishing tackle boxes (or tool boxes) - storing medium things like spatulas, wires for gumpaste, etc

- see thru fishing lure boxes (plastic rectangle storage boxes found at Lowes) to store small items and all my colors

- see-thru plastic shoe boxes (or bigger)...who doesnt use these?

- coat hanger (opened up, except for the hook, and hang all my ribbon spools that I use to cover my cake boards) then hang it up. Easy.

4 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 5

multi drawer storage boxes (like the kind used for nails and screws) to store leftover flowers, leaves, bow loops, etc..

shallow plastic drawer storage units lined with thin foam for storing gumpaste flowers in single layers

large plastic drawer storage units, with dividers made from half a manila folder, for storing candy molds

plastic kitchen size trash can for holding rolls of wrapping paper

5 gallon plastic bucket for holding rolls of contact paper

and, of course, more plastic drawer units and boxes, of various sizes, to store everything else, than you can shake a stick at!

armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 5

Awesome! Keep these ideas coming!!! I have TONS of stuff but no real organization yet. Would love to hear more!! Thanks girls!!

Teresa

Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 10:24pm
post #4 of 5

I put up one of those cheap, metal curtain rods and put all my spools of ribbon on it. Also - a pegboard with tons of hooks for a lot of my tools. I too use a fishing tackle box to store small cutters and other stuff.

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 1:56am
post #5 of 5

Speaking of organizing heres a link that lists somewhat similar posts
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-592809-0-days0-orderasc-.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%