Graduation Cake Ideas

Decorating By Jo_psc Updated 15 Sep 2008 , 10:55pm by becklynn

Jo_psc Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 9

I would like to know if you could help get n idea for a college graduation cake for a person who should have ended college some years ago, something funny and that recalls that aspect.

Thanks you.

8 replies
janelwaters Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 9

HI!! Welcome to the forums!!

I would love to help you come up with a design, but I have a question - What took so long for the graduation - were they taking time off? Couldn't decide on a major? etc....

flamingobaker Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 9

How many years ago?

Maybe decorated to reflect the time/era they were supposed to graduate?

"Congratulations. FINALLY" ?

"Third time's the charm" ?

Just a couple ideas off the top of my head, maybe someone else can build on those to make 'em funnier.

pipercakes Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 9

"Better late than never!"

chrissy410 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 9

Funny topic because I will be in the same boat in May. I should have graduated in 2000! took time off for family issues and to work. I'll probably put Congratulations... 8 YEARS LATER! or something along those lines!

janelwaters Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:20pm
post #6 of 9

Chrissy - i would do a hill with your family and home and some things related to your work on it and then put the "cap" on top of the hill - like it was a big hill to climb and all the things that you did along the way.... to top it off with your graduation cap.

seskenn Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:35pm
post #7 of 9

How about you make it for the year they were supposed to graduate (e.g. Congratulations Class of 1947!), and then put a big X over the year and kind of scribble in the year they did graduate. You could even put down every year, and X it out, getting smaller and smaller with your writing, like you had the cake all finished years ago, but just kept updating it.

janelwaters Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:36pm
post #8 of 9

that is so funny!!! I love the year idea!

becklynn Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 10:55pm
post #9 of 9

Some of the newspaper cakes in the cake gallery are really cute. You could put FINALLY! as the headline and put a pic of the graduate with some other funny captions. You could just laminate a picture if you don't have an edible image printer.
Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%