Cute Idea For Holiday Packaging Of Oreo Cookies!!!

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 29 Aug 2010 , 10:22pm by thin4life

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:04pm
post #241 of 347

angelatx.. Hi back at ya ! How are you ?

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:09pm
post #242 of 347

I am good. staying busy and can you believe this.... i haven't had time to use my oreo molds... icon_cry.gif so i haven't posted any yet. just had so much going on tho. have you made any new ones yet or planning on any for the coming holidays?? icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:10pm
post #243 of 347

vickymacd - how kind of you to make the cookies and send to Iraq. I know that will mean a great deal to everyone who receives them. I'm so glad that your son is coming home. I can only imagine how you will feel. God bless!!!

angelatx Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:11pm
post #244 of 347

oh and duh... icon_rolleyes.gificon_redface.gif how are you?? icon_biggrin.gif hehe

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:11pm
post #245 of 347

OMG!!After all that you went through to get them ?? You need to use them ! I might throw a few in my xmas baskets .Im not sure yet!

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:13pm
post #246 of 347

icon_lol.gif Im fine... I have been making choc,s right now trying to get my Holiday flavors picked out icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:13pm
post #247 of 347

For many, many years I have done similar.
I found you can use almost *any* cookie.....vanilla wafers works well. Another dipping possibility that people just love is Ritz crackers! Sometimes I double dipped them, 1st in mint (green) choco (make the choco extra thin for this layer), then in choco; even white choco.
Arrange them on a 1/4 sheet board - as I remember 12 per board - in a tree form (10 round ones & two for a trunk). The trunk of the tree can be a Waverly or graham cracker.
It's been yrs since I sold any of these arrangements but back then I was getting $6 a 'tree'.

angelatx Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:15pm
post #248 of 347

i know huh? all the waiting. their was halloween, my son got sick (19mths old) and some drama going on between my mom and sis. which really bites. just stay so busy with my four kiddos. running around here and there and cleaning this or that, hehe!! you know typical mommie stuff. i am pretty good at organizing my time too. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:22pm
post #249 of 347

Butternut~ thank you for the kind words!

Just a note re: the molds.....I double looked at them, and some of them require a 'bit' more time in painting. Think I'll stick with the simpler ones. The faces one cracks me up!

butternut Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:26pm
post #250 of 347

Ya know, I really like the laughing face too but in a strange way it's almost creepy looking. icon_lol.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:43pm
post #251 of 347

I love the laughing face ! One of my fav,s!

butternut Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 3:06pm
post #252 of 347

I wonder what the laughing face would look like dipped in milk chocolate and painted on white teeth????? Anybody try that? I laugh everytime I look at that mold. The grin is kinda contagious.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 3:29pm
post #253 of 347

The laughing face is one of my favorites too, even if he is a tad bit creepy!

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 3:53pm
post #254 of 347

butternut .. That would be strange looking and yes it is kind of creepy Thats probably why I like it. icon_lol.gif

butternut Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 3:57pm
post #255 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

butternut .. That would be strange looking and yes it is kind of creepy Thats probably why I like it. icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:03pm
post #256 of 347

I just got the Spinning Leaf email too with the discount code....so, of course I had to order more!!! Also, if you sign up for their newsletter and you "Login" to your account - you'll get 5% off your order too (a total of 15%, that's great!!!!)

While I was adding molds to my shopping cart I realized that I had accidently ordered the "cakester" mold last time and that's why it's so deep!! (guess I'll have to get some Cakesters to try next)

Kathy

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:03pm
post #257 of 347

Kakelady, thanks for the tips! I love the tree idea! I just went back and signed up for the newsletter and ordered 6 more molds! I sure hope these take off for the Holidays!

vickymacd Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 5:48pm
post #258 of 347

Hmmmm, I'm going to recheck mine. Seems like I only remembered seeing 10% off and I'm on the list as of a few days ago.

I picked up the ribbon oreo mold from my cake lady for $2. Far cry from the $6. But I've got to have some of them!!! I love the new tree one, but I also love Fiddles design!

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 6:02am
post #259 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1170703
Heres some plain that I just added decor .But the predesigned ones are very cute ,I dont have any photos posted of those .

This may have already been answered and I am sorry if it has and I overlooked it. If I may ask, what kind of icing did you use to pipe the design onto the oreo's and did you use a mold for the chocolate? They are BEAUTIFUL!

vickymacd Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 10:49am
post #260 of 347

Not sure where Fiddle is, but I know she said she used a mold for the oreos, and I bet she used chocolate for the design.

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:07pm
post #261 of 347

lroberts74..Sorry I didnt get any notices last night for this thread ! Yes I used the plain molds and I just used the Wilton Colored candy melts and melted A few disks to do the decor!
Thanks for the nice words ! HTH?
Hi to Vicky!

vickymacd Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 11:46am
post #262 of 347

Went to my cake lady's shop the other day and she had some really cute
liitle plastic see thru boxes. One that caught my eye was a small one that held only 2 oreos. Tie that up with a ribbon and what a cute little something for someone. BUT the little box was 89 cents each. Seems like a lot when you want to get a bunch for just a little something.
But there is a lot out there for them.
Picked up the plain and the ribbon mold for the oreos. May order the tree one or try Fiddle's design, if you don't mind.
Have to get these out soon for the troops!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 1:45pm
post #263 of 347

vickymacd, good for you and God Bless You! Sending cookies to the troops, I want to personally thank you and anyone else for doing that. They will love the cookies. I remember many, many years ago when I was in Home Economics in high school we would bake a lot of goodies and send them to the troops.

vickymacd Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:01pm
post #264 of 347

Susie~this last batch of goodies is actually a selfish thing....
I'm sending all the Christmas decorations and goodies I was planning on sending to my son over there, but since HE WILL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS, I'm sending it in thanks to the guys that are replacing my son's company!!
Call it selfish, call it in thanks. Either way, the thanks are for them, not me.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:25pm
post #265 of 347

vickymacd, I am happy to hear that your son will be home for Christmas. You are so right, a BIG thanks does go out to all of our soldiers.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:58pm
post #266 of 347

Just a heads up...the laughing face mold is SpinningLeaf's current "mold of the day" and it's on SALE! Be sure to log in if you're a repeat customer to get an additional 5% off. Plus, you'll get even more off if you've signed up for their newsletter and gotten the Thanksgiving coupon!

mommy2djb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2djb Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 6:50pm
post #267 of 347

ATTN ALL CHOCOLATE MOLD USERS!!

I ran into Bed Bath & Beyond to pick up a gift today, and on my way in they had an entire cart loaded down with 2 lb bags of melting chocolate, clearanced. 50% off lowest marked price of 2.99, so I paid $1.49 per 2 lb bag of chocolate. SCORE! icon_smile.gif

Happy Bargain Hunting!

vickymacd Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 8:30pm
post #268 of 347

I got the ribbon oreo mold from my cake lady, but I ordered from spinningleaf the face, kokopeli and celtic molds. Figured if I have to pay that much in shipping, i might as well make it worth it!

southernbelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernbelle Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 4:04am
post #269 of 347

I just ordered 6.......can't wait to get them after hearing how easy they are to use.

vickymacd Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 10:35am
post #270 of 347

Southernbelle~ they ARE easy to use! I think ALL candy molds like that are super easy. And the painting part is as difficult as YOU make it. Such as, if you ordered the tree mold....you could use different colors of choc. and dot little 'ornaments' on that plain tree. Let those harden and then pour in your green for the tree. I love these types of molds as they are foolprooof.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%