Cute Idea For Holiday Packaging Of Oreo Cookies!!!

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 29 Aug 2010 , 10:22pm by thin4life

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 4:02pm
post #181 of 347

I had the space happen a couple of time and started filling my molds a little more. Before adding the top layer of chocolate I tap, tap tap. Than add more chocolate to cover the top tap tap tap, inot the freezer!

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 5:09pm
post #182 of 347

I was just looking online at the cake supply store that I purchase from. They have a cookie box made for oreos. It's a gold cookie box with a plastic top and holds 12 oreo cookies. They also sell the Merckens chocolate, colorants, etc. Just thought I would pass that on for anyone interested in taking a look. I've never seen the box in person but thought I would try to go there sometime this week and take a look at it in person, if they have any at the store. Oh, guess I'd better give you the website icon_rolleyes.gif It's wineandcake.com You can just search cookie box and take a look. I love this store!!!!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 5:19pm
post #183 of 347

Linda those Pumpkin oreos are awesome and your display is beautiful ! Did you add the pumpkin before the mold set up or Just add them with a little melted choc after they were done ? Thanks !

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 5:48pm
post #184 of 347

I've seen those boxes in person, as there's a craft store a couple blocks from my house that stocks them. My only concern is that they don't seem to be very deep. And I wonder if there's much tolerance in the diameter size as well. I'm going to have to take a molded Oreo with me to check them out! If they work, they would present a very classy look.

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 7:29pm
post #185 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Linda those Pumpkin oreos are awesome and your display is beautiful ! Did you add the pumpkin before the mold set up or Just add them with a little melted choc after they were done ? Thanks !

Yep I added them with a drop of melted choc. after I popped them out of the molds! I meant to take the pic before I packaged them & forgot! Thanks for the comment!

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:03am
post #186 of 347

Linda, I love how you packaged them! What size/type bag did you use? I also like the ones someone put in the muffin cups.

Does anyone else have any creative packaging ideas? I bought some bakery boxes from the bakery I work at to put mine in, but I'd love to hear some other ideas for people ordering them by half and full dozen and/or individual.

Do you think these would be cute on a sucker stick in a bouquet? I'd have to dip them by hand tho' and not use the mold. Or, could I stick the stick on afterwards with melted chocolate on the back of the cookie? I guess I'll have to go back and play some more!

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:26am
post #187 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by imakecakes

Linda, I love how you packaged them! What size/type bag did you use? I also like the ones someone put in the muffin cups.

Does anyone else have any creative packaging ideas? I bought some bakery boxes from the bakery I work at to put mine in, but I'd love to hear some other ideas for people ordering them by half and full dozen and/or individual.

Do you think these would be cute on a sucker stick in a bouquet? I'd have to dip them by hand tho' and not use the mold. Or, could I stick the stick on afterwards with melted chocolate on the back of the cookie? I guess I'll have to go back and play some more!

The bag I used for those are the bags from Hobby Lobby, I think 100 for 1.99----real cheap and just about the right size it seemed for all my Halloween cookies!

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:44pm
post #188 of 347

Well, I didn't get the snowflake oreos done like I had hoped, but I did some more experimenting. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1281615&done=1

I came up with a few packaging ideas, depending on the amount of $ I want to spend and what it is for. I found all of this at www.nashvillewraps.com but I am sure you can get it elsewhere. First, I thought of getting those clear rectangular boxes and just putting the cookies in nice muffin cups and having the design be the "package". The other is going to the dollar store and get some cute boxes or the round tins, esp. now for xmas, put some tissue paper an then the cookies. Another is to splurge for those nice candy boxes with or without windows -depending on what the design is and how you want to stack them. Lastly, if this is a gift, get a nice keepsake box from Michaels or someplace, line it with tissue paper, place cookies, and then you have a REALLY nice gift.

Mind you, when I talk about tissue paper, I am talking about the food safe ones.

saberger Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 4:33pm
post #189 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberger

I was just wondering if it would be possible to airbrush chocolate...so I did a search. I found a site, www.rubberchef.com hey have a lot of chocolate stuff, transfer sheets, etc. Anybody shop through them? It seems like it is really for the professional, since the transfer sheets are sold in bulk, but SO much cheaper!!!

Anyway, to answer my own question, I think you can only airbrush choc. with choc.....is that correct?

my bad the site is www.chefrubber.com SO SO SO SORRY!!! icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 7:37pm
post #190 of 347

imakecakes---you mentioned that I should contact the spinning leaf company and get credit for their increased orders. I have to tell you what a wonderful group of people they are at that company. I volunteer at a camp for handicapped kids and adults and each year we put on a big fundraiser at Christmas to raise money to send kids to camp in the summer. I wrote to spinning leaf and asked if they thought the kids would be able to use the molds to make cookies for this event. They sent me one of each mold they had and said they hoped the kids would enjoy using them. Absolutely "no charge".

It is a rare thing these days to find a group of people that would do that. I hope they will consider the increased sales a big "thank you" from all of us at Camp Friendship. Please give their molds a try and support this wonderful company with your orders.
Lily

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 7:41pm
post #191 of 347

I agree Lily. I have ordered from them several times, And their customer service is the best!

butternut Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 8:03pm
post #192 of 347

I just received my molds this afternoon. Shipping was pretty fast and I did in fact receive a free mold. I am really pleased at the quality of the molds and I will without a doubt be buying more. I'm so looking forward to making the oreos. Thanks so much everyone for sharing all of this information!!!

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:20pm
post #193 of 347

Lilybird, what a great idea! I worked with adults who have mental and physical disabilities for 16 years. This is right up their alley!

They certainly do sound like a great company! Noone has said anything but wonderful things about them!

Saberger, your cookies are great! Stealing a question from someone who left you a comment....How did you get the letters flush with the cookies? Is that a stencil?

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:47pm
post #194 of 347

I found that our local dollar store usually carries sets of 8 small favor boxes in the wedding accessory aisle. These were plain cream colored ones and would be perfect for packaging the cookies. Unfortunately, at the time there was one set left and someone had swiped 1 box from the set so I didn't pick it up. But it looks like they usually do carry them. Gee, how bad is it when someone steals from a DOLLAR store! icon_surprised.gif

Melanie Mc.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:53pm
post #195 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatdessert1st

Gee, how bad is it when someone steals from a DOLLAR store! icon_surprised.gif

Melanie Mc.

But not the entire package, just 1, so not even $1 worth. icon_lol.gif

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:30pm
post #196 of 347

did you know sometimes you can order things from the dollar store? Like you need 25 of the boxes , you can ask the manager to order them in for you. Who knew?

saberger Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:36pm
post #197 of 347

imakecakes - I just piped the letter first, let it harden, and then filled as usual. Very easy - the same way you would do candy molds. Speaking of which has anybody tried the Wilton cookie molds?

saberger Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:39pm
post #198 of 347

oh yeah, and make sure the choc. isn't too hot when you pour it in otherwise it melts what you already piped!

saberger Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:46pm
post #199 of 347

Boy!!! You know you are getting old and have too many kids when you keep remembering things that you wanted to post AFTER you have already posted!

I figugred I would share this site with you www.usbox.com
I was doing research for candy boxes and such, they sell bulk (starting at 50 in a carton), but the nice thing is that you can order samples o see if it would work. I just ordered some today. The boxes I am trying would work for oreos, brownies, and cookies. And the $ isn't that bad. And 50 sin't too bad. If I think of giving some to the teachers at school and DH work, that already takes up over 20!

GeminiRJ Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:22pm
post #200 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberger

Speaking of which has anybody tried the Wilton cookie molds?

I've heard of only one person's experience with the Wilton molds, and it wasn't a good one. The mold cracked the first time she used it.

saberger Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 7:57pm
post #201 of 347

oh great! I just ordered some with my Wilton certificates. Oh well. I'll see what happens. By the way - did some more experimenting - check my gallery if interested.

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 10:08pm
post #202 of 347

i love the new oreos you posted saberger, soooooo awesome!! i have taught my girls about van gogh, kandinsky and others and when they seen those, they absolutely loved them as well!!! then they asked if could be eaten, lol! i said yes of course. they are great tho! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

butternut Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 10:56pm
post #203 of 347

GeminiRJ - I just wanted to let you know that I went to my local cake supply store and purchased one of the boxes that we talked about. I had a feeling it was not going to work and unfortunately I was right. You could fit a regular sized oreo cookie in there but not one that has been dipped in chocolate. I was so disappointed. Those boxes are so nice looking. icon_cry.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 12:35pm
post #204 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut

GeminiRJ - I just wanted to let you know that I went to my local cake supply store and purchased one of the boxes that we talked about. I had a feeling it was not going to work and unfortunately I was right. You could fit a regular sized oreo cookie in there but not one that has been dipped in chocolate. I was so disappointed. Those boxes are so nice looking. icon_cry.gif

That's what I was afraid of!

saberger Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:53pm
post #205 of 347

thanks angelatx....they were fun to do!

I just got the Wilton molds, but they seem awfully shallow for the cookie AND the chocolate. I may have to wait a bit to try them....or my curiosity make get the best of me. I'll keep you posted.

bmullard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmullard Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 9:29pm
post #206 of 347

I second that question. How much would you sell a dozen of those for?
How fun and easy!!!

butternut Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 11:42pm
post #207 of 347

Hey guys. I was going to buy a double boiler but when I was at Michael's I saw the Wilton electric Melting Pot for melting and keeping chocolate warm. Just wondering if anyone has it and what your opinion of it may be. Thanks!!
Margie

GeminiRJ Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 12:56pm
post #208 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut

Hey guys. I was going to buy a double boiler but when I was at Michael's I saw the Wilton electric Melting Pot for melting and keeping chocolate warm. Just wondering if anyone has it and what your opinion of it may be. Thanks!!
Margie

I got it with the 40% off coupon...great deal! It works really well at keeping the chocolate at a constant temperature, but it takes a while to actually melt the chocolate. I tend to be impatient, so I usually just melt in the microwave!

fiddlesticks Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 1:05pm
post #209 of 347

I also just got one with the coupon. I have not tried it yet. I also micro my choc but wanted it for when I have lots of candy to dip,that way you dont have to keep reheating it.

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 1:48pm
post #210 of 347

I just take my big pasta pot fill with water, put another pot with handles to let the steam out inside of the pasta pot. Put my chocolate in it on medium heat and go about doing what I need to doing while the chocolate is melting. Once the chocolate has melted I turn the heat down to the lowest and work. Removing the chocolate from teh heat while I do the cookies is not that long and once done I return it to the heat. Is there a big difference in the way I do it and the double boiler?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%