Cute Idea For Holiday Packaging Of Oreo Cookies!!!

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 29 Aug 2010 , 10:22pm by thin4life

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 11:45am
post #1 of 347

I have several of the Spinning Leaf oreo cookie molds which they generously sent for our fundraising projects. I also ran across a lady selling out her cake decorating supplies and she had several packages of the Clear Party favor boxes that are sold with Wilton wedding supplies. They measure appr. 2 inches square but I don't think they are a Wilton brand. I purchased the 4 inch foil candy wrappers in the burnt orange and christmas colors. I put a little shredded coordinating colored paper in the bottoms (not really necessary) of the boxes, dropped in a wrapped cookie and tied with a little bow. You could fit 2 regular oreo cookies, dipped in chocolate in the boxes if you don't have the molds. They really look cute and I will put a basket out for my "special" trick and treaters and also do them for the various fundraisers from now to Christmas.

How about sharing some of your favorite packaging ideas!!!

346 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 11:55am
post #2 of 347

What, no picture? I'd love to see these!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 12:09pm
post #3 of 347

I would love to see too! Thanks for sharing!

iownajane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iownajane Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 12:23pm
post #4 of 347

Would love to see also...and what is a "spinning leaf mold"?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 12:33pm
post #5 of 347

[quote="iownajane"]Would love to see also...and what is a "spinning leaf mold"?[/quote

SpinningLeaf is the name of the company that manufactures the molds for making the chocolate covered Oreos...I have a ton of them sitting in my cupboard!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 1:09pm
post #6 of 347

lilybird..Sounds beautiful.
I love the Spinning Leaf oreo cookie molds, Thanks for sharing.

iownajane Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 2:57pm
post #7 of 347

[quote="GeminiRJ"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by iownajane

Would love to see also...and what is a "spinning leaf mold"?[/quote

SpinningLeaf is the name of the company that manufactures the molds for making the chocolate covered Oreos...I have a ton of them sitting in my cupboard!

Ok...you'll have to excuse me...I have NO CLUE what these are...do you use oreos,or make oreos?Are they cake molds? shaped like the cookies? icon_redface.gif Sorry..I've never seen ...

fiddlesticks Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:21pm
post #8 of 347

Yes they are molds and you added melted choc and then the oreo and more choc. they have plain and some with designs and some to fit the nutter butter cookies to ! Look them up on line . they are very cute . I believe I have at least 1 pic in my photos.

fiddlesticks Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:24pm
post #9 of 347

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1170703
Heres some plain that I just added decor .But the predesigned ones are very cute ,I dont have any photos posted of those .

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:30pm
post #10 of 347

what a quick and cute idea for schools (especially if they have nut restrictions) most everyone loves oreos!

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:41pm
post #11 of 347

Fiddlesticks, your oreos are so pretty! Might have to copy that little design this year! Thanks for you cake comment!

Bohnlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bohnlo Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 4:46pm
post #12 of 347

Lilybird, I too would love to see a photo, as I am more a visual type of person. Fiddlesticks , love the christmas oreos. Great idea for a teacher gift, or other people you want to give "a little something" to.

iownajane Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 5:01pm
post #13 of 347

Very cute...I like yours as much/more than the pre-designed....I'll have to see if they're available anywhere up here...Thanks!!

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 5:02pm
post #14 of 347

I bought several packages of those type of boxes a while back. I had the same idea, but to use them as wedding favors. I bought the plain mold and thought about putting initials on top of the coated oreo's. Well, since my son and his fiancee keep putting off the date, I haven't had a chance to put them together yet!

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 5:11pm
post #15 of 347

does anyone sell their chocolate covered oreos?
if so would you mind sharing your pricing

fiddlesticks Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 5:35pm
post #16 of 347

Linda your welcome ,its a cute cake! Thanks for the nice comments on my oreos, There are also some v/day ones in my photos that I added mini hearts on top . I also love the mold that has the face design on it and the paw prints I have several . Theres so many ways to use these molds,and they look real cute when you match the inside cream filling with the holiday ,when possible
Like orange cream for halloween ,those are out right now then the red cream for xmas and v/day etc !

Cookies4kids Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 6:19pm
post #17 of 347

Just got home with more Oreo cookies and the new Banana Split flavor. Someone asked what they were. They are sandwich cookies with different flavors of cream filling inbetween the cookie. They have regular and double stuff (twice the filling) and they have them mostly with chocolate cookie but some have a vanilla cookie now. The Spinningleaf company makes clear plastic molds to make covering them with chocolate easier. You put some melted chocolate in the bottom of the mold. Then you press in an Oreo cookie. Now you spoon on a little more melted chocolate so the top is level. Put them in the frig or freezer until hard and pop out a pretty chocolate covered Oreo. The uses for these are endless and like Fiddle said, you can match the filling to the design on top. They are a wonderful company to work with and they have many different molds.

I also stopped at T J Max again and they have new canisters of flavored sugars to top cookies with. The taller shaker canisters have 4 or 5 flavors in each--Cappaccino, butter rum, raspberry, praline,????? and they taste just like they are suppose to. Only 2.99 and they have new bottles of flavored syrups also. My new favorite place!!!!!!!!

Sorry I can't post a picture, but just read the post carefully and you will be able to picture it. No, Fiddle, my daughter has not come out yet LOL.

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 6:22pm
post #18 of 347

lilybird ... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Your so Funny! icon_razz.gif

Cookies4kids Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 6:32pm
post #19 of 347

I will take that as a compliment, Fiddle. Do you have any leftover stuffed peppers. I haven't had one of them in ages and it would taste good with this darn cold I have!!!!!

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 7:03pm
post #20 of 347

A compliment it is for sure ! Sorry Hubby ate all the stuffed peppers !I will say they were delicious .

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:12pm
post #21 of 347

i am not sure if I missed the answer to this, I read the post and didn't see the answer, but do they still make the molds and where they might sell them?? my kids are oreo fanatics icon_lol.gif and would love them like that!!! Have a great day everyone!!! icon_smile.gif

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:15pm
post #22 of 347

I did a search and found the company. Thnx ya'll! icon_biggrin.gif

iownajane Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:34pm
post #23 of 347

found the company site...thanks.....i have two more questions...after theses are molded and done and unmolded...do they have to be frozen,or in the fridge....can i use candy melts for all the steps...
i wonder if it's worth a trip to plattsburgh to buy the supplies....not much up here...

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:39pm
post #24 of 347

ok. im ordering some molds this weekend.
have a few questions
- what kind of chocolate do you use? candy melts or real chocolate?
- do i need to mix anything into the chocolate to make for a softer bite?
- how long do they take to set?
- how do you store them? on counter or in fridge?
- does anyone sell these. if so what do you charge?

fiddlesticks Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 2:01pm
post #25 of 347

I have used candy melts and reg choc chips.
I put mine in the freezer till set.Just a few mins.
I stored them on the counter in a cool place .You dont really have to cover them because the choc coating keeps them fresh.
Also When I ordered mine last fall if you ordered I think it was 5molds? They sent you one free.
I could have the wrong # but it tells on their site somewhere .

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 2:32pm
post #26 of 347

fiddlesticks..

Where do the ship from? I really like this idea. Also like their soap molds.

TIA

fiddlesticks Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 2:53pm
post #27 of 347

http://www.spinningleaf.com/index.php
You can look it all up on their site !

seagoat Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 3:34pm
post #28 of 347

Darn, I did and it didn't say where they were located.

Ok, thanks

fiddlesticks Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:33pm
post #29 of 347

Contact Us by Email
You can contact us by email at [email protected]

Contact Us by Phone/Fax
You can contact us by phone at 308-284-6253
9 a.m. - 5 p.m. MST Monday - Friday

You can contact us by FAX at 308-284-4133

Contact Us by Mail
You can contact us by mail at:
SpinningLeaf
P.O. Box 222
Ogallala, NE 69153

seagoat Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 6:20pm
post #30 of 347

ok...taping fingers...eyes must be bad this morning. I saw to contact...leave us your email but guess I didn't look further.

Thanks and sorry!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%