Has Anyone Ever Had A Cake Disaster Using...

Decorating By SweetDreams Updated 17 Sep 2008 , 4:19pm by Shelly4481

SweetDreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreams Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 12:48am
post #1 of 4

Using the stress free support system in their cakes??

I know it is the suppose to be the best support system out there but I am still getting nervous for this big wedding cake coming up this weekend. The main cake will be a 6 tier. I will be assembling and driving with 3 two tier cakes and putting them all togther there.
I think I am so worried because this is probably the biggest, most important cake of my small cake career so far and there will be a lot of potential customers at this wedding.

Even using the stress free system, will I have to worry about the layers slidding at all?

3 replies
auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 1:15am
post #2 of 4

I have used the support system and love it! It is great for layering the cakes on top of each other, but as far as sliding while traveling that is another issue. Do you put a dowel down thru the middle of all the tiers to prevent sliding? I don't put them together at all till I get to the reception. Good Luck!

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 11:43am
post #3 of 4

I have never used the stress free supports, but as far as traveling with the cakes together, i recommend that you refrigerate if you have the room, a cold cake delivers much easier then a room temp cake.

What would concern me more about the cake you describe is lifting the three top tiers high enough to be placed on the other three tiers, could get tricky. You might want to consider taking it in three sections of 2 tiers each, might be easier to handle. Or at least don't forget to take some reliable muscle with you.

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 4

I have the stress free and love them. I did a 6 tier a few weeks ago and did like you said, stack 3 at a time. Worked great!!!! I didn't have to drive but a few miles with it. Remember DON"T STRESS!!! They will work great for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%