Baby Girl Shower Cake

Decorating By CandyLady Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 5:29pm by CandyLady

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 20

please share any pictures specifically for a baby girl shower. Does not hae to be pink. thanks.

19 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 2:29am
post #2 of 20

Have you searched the galleries on this site? There are sooooooo many (almost 7,000!) ideas there.
What size/shape cake is it going to be? Tiered? sheet?

CandyLady Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 12:06pm
post #3 of 20

sheet cake...and yes I have search the baby shower gallery. Many repetitious, onesies, baby butts, blocks. Wanted something girly girl.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 20

I girly one up with ruffles. I like to alternate white and pink using tip#104 all the way around covering the sides. Fondant and/or gumpaste bows could add a fancy girly touch too.

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:19am
post #5 of 20

Is this one girly girl enough? Was tons of fun to make. and not very hard:

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 2:26am
post #6 of 20

I just recently made this cake for my SIL, She wanted something really girly too...

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1261471.html

hth

Jessica icon_smile.gif

bcake1960 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 3:01am
post #7 of 20

ok ill try again...
LL

bcake1960 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 3:07am
post #8 of 20

ok I give up.. its in my photos..aghhh I feel like Charlie Brown icon_sad.gif

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 3:17am
post #9 of 20

This isn't a sheet cake, but could be transformed into one....
LL

bcake1960 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 3:18am
post #10 of 20

Jessica
Wow that cake is great!!! into my fav's it went would love to have the terrimsu cake and filling (sp?) recipe if you share...?? Wow Wow Wow.. GREAT JOB... i JUST ORDERED Jennifer Dontz's Dvd Yesterday... I SO CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT AND SHE IS IN ITALY so have to wait a bit longer to get it.. oh well.. icon_sad.gif

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 3:21am
post #11 of 20

Here is one I did, that the mother to be loved.

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 3:31am
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcake1960

Jessica
Wow that cake is great!!! into my fav's it went would love to have the terrimsu cake and filling (sp?) recipe if you share...?? Wow Wow Wow.. GREAT JOB... i JUST ORDERED Jennifer Dontz's Dvd Yesterday... I SO CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT AND SHE IS IN ITALY so have to wait a bit longer to get it.. oh well.. icon_sad.gif

Thank you very much bcake1960!!! I love Jen!!! She is awesome, her classes, her recipes, her Dvd's! lol.. okay i better stop or she will think I am obsessed with her lolol. I cant wait for my second class with her, I was even thinking of taking the first again. lol.. cant get enough! lol.
Here is the post I did for my Tiramisu cake recipe. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-602559-.html

Hope you like it!!

Thanks again!
Jessica icon_smile.gif

bcake1960 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 3:39am
post #13 of 20

Thanks Jessica.. cant wait to give it a try...

CandyLady Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 11:40am
post #14 of 20

thanks to everyone! I am in awe of all your talent. I would love to have the pattern for the little shoes. I will never use fondant on a cake - hate the taste of it but love the look. I will try to use some of the ideas you shared and thanks again. Please find the shoe pattern for me.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 11:59am
post #15 of 20

This one I did has SOME fondant on it, but is mostly buttercream...... I really enjoyed making this one , and the Mom LOVED it.....

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=381923

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 12:04pm
post #16 of 20

"I will never use fondant on a cake - hate the taste of it but love the look."

I felt the same way you do about fondant until I tried some better brands of fondant than what Wal-Mart offers. Now I encourage every one to try Fondx or Satin Ice. If you have and still do not like it then, I understand. As far as the quality of fondant or any product - I live by "You get what you pay for."

I hope you find the perfect girly baby shower cake. I just did one Sunday, but it doesn't want to be down loaded for some reason. It was butter cream with two fondants bow and was all white with pink accents with luster dust all over.

Toni

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 5:00pm
post #17 of 20

Look in the galleries, under the "templates", you will find a few patterns for shoes, they all look adorable and are simple to do!!
Good luck.

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 5:21pm
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyLady

please share any pictures specifically for a baby girl shower. Does not hae to be pink. thanks.

Did you find out what the theme of the baby's room is going to be? I am doing a Classic Winnie-The-Pooh cake based on the mother's inspired nursery. Plus I saw a pretty little cake on this site that helped.

Good luck!

texasseegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texasseegirl Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 5:21pm
post #19 of 20

Grannys3angels shoe template is awesome and extremely easy to use. It was the first time I had attempted anything like it and I got it on the first try. You can also "girly" up the shoes by adding your own touches.
LL
LL

CandyLady Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 5:29pm
post #20 of 20

no theme for the baby's room...modern parents. Love the pink cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%