Cake Show/contest Question... Is This Wrong?

Decorating By CoutureCakeCreations Updated 14 Sep 2008 , 6:59pm by CoutureCakeCreations

CoutureCakeCreations Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 6

If i enter a cake show is it wrong to use a cake that was created for a previous cake show. I hate to think that i have this cake sitting around and cant use it again. I know some rules state that you cant enter a cake that has won 1st place in a previous cake show, but I just didnt know if this is considered the wrong thing to do. I plan to enter to categories, one with an old cake and one with a new.
What do you think? Is it "wrong"?

5 replies
indydebi Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 6

I'd be ok with it.

TooMuchCake Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 6

There are some cake shows that don't like to have displays re-entered, regardless of whether or not they win. In my state, there is show that doesn't like re-entries, and one that doesn't care. I make new stuff for the one that cares and re-enter stuff (plus new things!) for the one that doesn't. Read the rules carefully for the show you plan to enter, and make the decision based on that.

Deanna

Malakin Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 6:36pm
post #4 of 6

Most shows I've seen will state in the rules if it is acceptable or not. I don't think it would be bad at all.

summernoelle Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 6

I know for OSSAS you can't, but it prob. depends each different show.

CoutureCakeCreations Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 6:59pm
post #6 of 6

OSSAS is waaaayyyy out of my league. I wont be attending this year so everyone please take plenty of pics to share!!!

Thanks for all of your input!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%