Decorating By gales Updated 15 Sep 2008 , 8:26am by gales

gales Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 6

What is Crisco? Is there an alternative I can get in Britain?

5 replies
thefrostedcakencookie Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 6

Its just a brand name for shortening.

thefrostedcakencookie Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 6

i looked it up and it looks like it goes by the names Cookeen, Trex, and White Flora in the UK

gales Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks everyone for your prompt replies. Im new this site. Will upload some details and photos soon, lovely to know there is help out there icon_biggrin.gif

vickymacd Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 6

OMG, Gales, pull up a comfy chair and start checking out this site. You will be amazed at the knowledge and skills people have on this site from beginner who is just scoping things out to the professionals that will astound you!! I have learned soooo much from this site even beyond any class I have taken!!


gales Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 8:26am
post #6 of 6

Thanx, Ive looked at some of the galleries and made positive comments onearful about quite a few. They are so good I am in awe of some of the entries, but we all have to start somewhere..right?? It is a brilliant site - long may it carry on

Quote by @%username% on %date%